Aspose.Slides for Node.js: Quick Confirmation of Capabilities

We have developed an app to allow you to upload a slide deck, convert it, and drive the deck online. Our initial engine converts only to static images, but we want to change that.

We are very interested in using aspose.slides for node.JS as our new conversion engine, but need to get clarity on a few key items:

• How Does aspose.slides support builds?
  • How does it support animations?
  • How does it support slide transitions?
  • How does it support embedded video?

EX: someone has a slide with fades between each slide, an embedded video, and one of the slides has a list of bullet point builds that adds a new bullet each time they advance.

With the static solution, we can’t support that. We want to be able to do that in our platform, and want to know if slides.aspose for nodejs will do that. If not, do you have a web product that will?

@changethursday,
Thank you for contacting support.

I am working on the questions and will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

@changethursday,

Could you please clarify what exactly do you mean?

Aspose.Slides Cloud REST API allows you to read and modify animations in PowerPoint presentations. Please review the following article:

Could you please describe in more detail what you want to do with slide transitions and embedded video?

It will be great if you describe your requirements in more detail.

Sure thing: See the provided example:

*** How Does aspose.slides support builds?**

Builds are when the slide doesn’t change, but content on the slide does. Like someone may have a list of bullet points on a slide that add one at a time each time they click advance (but it stays on the slide slide number). Or an animation on the slide gets triggered when you advance (again, without advancing the slide)

*** How does it support slide transitions?**

Sometimes people have a crossfade or other transition happen when they go from one slide to the next

*** How does it support embedded video?**

Sometimes people embed video in a PPT slide. I’ve seen them embed an actual mp4, or sometimes they just embed a youtube link (or similar) How does Aspose handle those situations?

@changethursday,
Thank you for the additional information. We will back to you as soon as possible.

@changethursday,

If I understand your needs correctly,

1. Slide transitions are currently not supported, but we have it in plans for nearest releases.
  2. Creating shape animations are supported. You can create animation sequences, add/update/delete individual effects. An example can be found here:
    Add an Effect to a Main Sequence|Documentation
  3. If I correctly understand what you mean by builds, those are animation effects applied to text paragraphs instead of whole shapes. If so, then yes, they are supported. You can create effects at paragraph level. You can see an example here:
    Paragraph Animation|Documentation
  4. You can create video frame shapes with Slides Cloud. A simple Node.js example can be found here in “video frame add” test
    https://github.com/aspose-slides-cloud/aspose-slides-cloud-nodejs/blob/master/test/useCases/shapeTests.ts
    Media data is provided as base64 string.

Please let us know if the answer is not comprehensive enough, or if you have more questions.

I think thats everything - thank you!!

1 Like

Hi there - sorry, I just wanted to double check things before moving forward to make sure nothing was misunderstood.

I put together a test in another platform (PPT → HTML 5 converter), but Id prefer to use your system.

If you check the source files here, you can open an HTML their system puts out. I made a PPT incorporating a few of the things I was asking about, and just wanted to confirm your system had no problem ingesting and converting any of these. Basically we would want to make a player that would show the PPT via web interface similar to this and play back everything as you see in the link below

Would also love to know how long it takes to process a file since quick processing is a key feature for us.

Thanks for your help!!

@changethursday,
I am working on the request and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@changethursday,
Thank you for your patience.

I was unable to convert the attached presentation to an HTML5 document using Aspose.Slides for Node.js 23.12.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCLOUD-1829

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide estimated measures of the conversion process because the processing time depends on the presentation file size and presentation contents. You can perform your own tests according to your requirements.

Thank you for the update - any idea what the error was that prevented conversion?

It was made on PPT for Mac, and contained an embedded video, but other than that was fairly basic.

I would also love to confirm the expected output from aspose (when theres not an error) would be similar to the experience of the HTML file in the folder I sent. If you download the folder and open the HTML file in a browser, you can click through the slides and see the video, animations, etc. Is that what would happen if I built a conversion engine with aspose? I’d be able to make a player with the same user experience?

@changethursday,

I get the following error:

Error: Convert. Exception: SolidFillColor is unavailable for FillType=Picture.

Our developers will investigate the case.

I’ve forwarded your question to our developers.

Thanks for that! Look forward to hearing back.

Is there a place where I’m able to upload a PPT and test things myself? similar to what you offer here, but that retains the properties of the PPT, like animations, etc (since this link only does static images)

@changethursday,
You will be notified when a new Aspose.Slides for Node.js release with a fix is published, then you will be able to check the issue. You can also see the issue status at the bottom of the forum thread.

Sorry, I just meant a general conversion tester as we’re evaluating options. I assume you were able to upload and test somewhere, was wondering if that accessible to developers?

@changethursday,
Unfortunately, we do not provide the service you required.

is it possible to get the resulting HTML/CSS etc of a converted deck for evaluation purposes? Similar to this?

@changethursday,
Unfortunately, I get an error when converting the presentation you provided to an HTML5 document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCLOUD-1891

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

What about this one?

@changethursday,
Thank you for the sample presentation and output HTML 5 document, we will consider your requirements. You can also contact our sales team to obtain trial credentials and test Aspose.Slides Cloud yourself by SDK for Node.js or by API Reference.