We're sorry AsposeCloud doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.cloud

SavePresentation API Does Not Fail when Uploading Bad PPTX

I use the SavePresentation API to convert an PPTX file from Google Cloud Storage to PDF.
When uploading a bad PPTX file, which fails the conversion on https://products.aspose.app/slides/conversion, the API returns without an error, and an empty PDF file is created on the Google Cloud Storage.

See attached PPTX filebad.pptx.zip (36.7 KB)

@Ronnie_Lazar,
Thank you for contacting support. Could you please specify which Slides Cloud SDK did you use?

I use the SavePresentation API of slides cloud SDK

@Ronnie_Lazar,
Have you used this SavePresentation method from API Reference, or have you called it using some programming language?

I’m using the nodejs sdk.

@Ronnie_Lazar,
Thank you for the additional information. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@Ronnie_Lazar,
I’ve reproduced the problem with converting the presentation to the broken PDF without any exception and added a ticket with ID SLIDESCLOUD-1401 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will consider improving the behavior of Aspose.Slides for such cases. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

As a workaround, you should check the number of slides before exporting the presentation to other formats as shown below:

slidesApi.getSlides("bad.pptx").then((response) => {
    slideCount = response.body.slideList.length
    if (slideCount > 0) {
        // convert the presentation to PDF
    }
})
.catch(function (error) {
    console.error(error)
})

API Reference: GetSlides

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESCLOUD-1401) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides Cloud 22.3. You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.