ConvertDocumentRequest took to long to convert word to pdf and response time out 504

Hi team,
I got issue with the 504 when using ConvertDocumentRequest API. When I convert word to pdf with fontsLocation, it took 20 seconds to complete, and when I convert 5 times, 3 times reponse time out 504.

Here is the sample and font that I used.
SampleAndFont.zip (2.7 MB)

Could you please help me to check it.
Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience; we will analyze your case.
Thank you for sharing sample files.

1 Like

Can you share your client ID so I can check your requests in the logs? As I’m unable to reproduce performance degradation when the font location is set

Could you please try to update to the latest SDK version? I see you use the 23.7 version.
I did a quick benchmark on the newest version, and the results are
Fonts location is not set request time is 3719 ms
Fonts location is set, request time is 2393 ms

1 Like

Hi,
Thank for quick response. I already changed several version and still got this issue. I tested your API in web and result is same (19 seconds). Kindly check image below.

image.png (48.4 KB)

Reference: Aspose.Words Cloud - API References

image.png (38.9 KB)
I ran a couple of requests using reference; you can check the results, but anyway, I’ll connect with the admin team to ask them what might be the reason.

Hi,
I already tested again your the API with another PC and still got this issue. I installed the lasted version (24.5.0) for my local project and the response time as image below.

image.png (23.8 KB)

Thanks.

@nhmdang1819
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2725

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @yaroslaw.ekimov,
Any update on this issue?

Thanks.

Our admin team is investigating this issue as we see in logs that requests are performed quickly in our service, but then something slows the response.

Also experiencing a similar issue where the logs show a quick process but response is extremely slow. This was previously fine but has slowed down since the end of last week. We haven’t made any changes to our code relating to this so appears to be something on Aspose’s end

We know the issue you’re experiencing and want to assure you that our team is working diligently to resolve it as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

One of our network components was malfunctioning, but our admin team has successfully localized and resolved the issue. They are currently analyzing the cause to ensure it does not happen again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

This seems to now be happening almost weekly. We are actively looking for a replacement service to Aspose as we can’t continue to rely on Aspose for a production application with the increasing number of outages. Note that this did not seem to be an issue until around 6 months ago, and since then has been an increasing number of issues. I suspect you have changed something in your back end processing infrastructure. Is there any commitment from Aspose that the service quality will be restored to the previous reliable state?

Agree with your point of view.

Hi @yaroslaw.ekimov

We need a commitment from Aspose that this will not happen again. We can be patient but our customers cannot.

Thanks.

Hi @yaroslaw.ekimov ,
Any updates on this one?

image.png (10.2 KB)

The performance of this API still extreme slow when I apply the fontsLocation.
Thanks.

We are trying to replicate this issue but have had no luck. Could you please share the country from where you make requests? Maybe we can run a VPN with your location and then reproduce the issue.

Hi @yaroslaw.ekimov ,
My country is Viet Nam.

Thanks.

We are having more issues again today with API calls failing.

Hi @yaroslaw.ekimov ,
Now the API can not response data with fontsLocation.

Reference: https://api.aspose.cloud/v4.0/words/convert?format=pdf&fontslocation=fonts
image.png (4.6 KB)

Thanks.