XLS to XLSX Conversion issue with Aspose.Cells Cloud API

Hi,

the customer using aspose cell cloud to convert xls(created by WPS) to xlsx.then they using aspose cell cloud to open the converted xlsx will occur error, but if they using the excel to open converted xlsx and save. the aspose cell cloud can open it.

the error and file in the attachment, Would you like to suggest some possible reasons why this is?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files.

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit using your both files, i.e., Output_xls.xlsx and Output_et.xlsx via Aspose.Cells for Cloud APIs. If I use “Output_xls.xlsx” the file (after uploading it to Cloud space) to convert it as PDF file format using the URI (e.g sample uri to be signed and posted: “http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/cells/Output_xls.xlsx/saveAs?newfilename=out1.pdf”), it produces a blank PDF file. When I use other file “Output_et.xlsx”, it works fine though. Could you provide your template XLS file so, we could evaluate your issue properly on our end. Also paste the URI string that you are using along with sample code here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

hi,

thanks for your reply.
the customer’s source template file in the attachment.please check it.

Best Regard!

Eric

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I have evaluated your scenario/ case using the following sample code, it works fine on our end. I first convert your template XLS file (I uploaded it to Cloud space storage under my account) to XLSX file format using the following first sample code. I then uploaded the final XLSX file to cloud storage and then convert the XLSX file to PDF, the output PDF is fine here. I have attached the output XLSX and PDF file formats for your reference here. The output PDF file is not blank and it is a valid file with data/ contents in it.

e.g

Sample code:

static string appSID = “78xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

static string appKey = “39xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;

1)

…

string strURI = “http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/cells/SamplePhotoPrinter.xls/saveAs?newfilename=outputTestImage.xlsx”;

//sign URI

string signedURI = Sign(strURI);

ProcessCommand(signedURI, “POST”);

//build URI

strURI = “[https://api.aspose.com/v1.1/storage/file/outputTestImage.xlsx ](https://api.aspose.com/v1.1/storage/file/outputTestImage.xlsx)”;

//sign URI

signedURI = Sign(strURI);

Stream responseStream = ProcessCommand(signedURI, “GET”);

using (Stream fileStream = System.IO.File.OpenWrite(@“e:\test2\outtest1.xlsx”))

{

CopyStream(responseStream, fileStream);

}

responseStream.Close();

…

2)

…

string strURI = “http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/cells/outtest1.xlsx/saveAs?newfilename=outputTestImage21.pdf”;

//sign URI

string signedURI = Sign(strURI);

ProcessCommand(signedURI, “POST”);

//build URI

strURI = “https://api.aspose.com/v1.1/storage/file/outputTestImage21.pdf”;

//sign URI

signedURI = Sign(strURI);

Stream responseStream = ProcessCommand(signedURI, “GET”);

using (Stream fileStream = System.IO.File.OpenWrite(@“e:\test2\outTestImage.pdf”))

{

CopyStream(responseStream, fileStream);

}

responseStream.Close();

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

sorry,the customer still occur this error,can you tell me What’s Changed when convert xls to xlsx using cloud api?
for example,the file’s some property,specification will change when convert xls to xlsx.

Best Regard!

Hi,

You may get and check my converted XLSX file i.e., “outtest1.xlsx” via Aspose.Cells for Cloud APIs from my previous post. Also, could you try this file in your scenario to check how it goes?

Thank you.

hi,

i am sorry, the customer just told me that they not using the Aspose.Cells for Cloud APIs to open converted XLSX,but their third product to open.they want to know why after using the office open converted XLSX file"outtest1.xlsx" and save,their product can open.they think office should repair some fault of the converted XLSX.

can you tell me What’s Changed when convert xls to xlsx using cloud api?
for example,the file’s some property,specification, structure will change when convert xls to xlsx.

thank you very much!
best regard!

Eric

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

Well, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications regarding the generated file formats. I checked the converted XLSX file (via Aspose.Cells for Clould APIs) is opened fine into MS Excel, so the file is valid XLSX file format and your third party tool/ API should open it without any problem. You may contact your third party vendor to look into the issue why it is failing to load it and what is the error as we think Aspose.Cells’ generated documents are valid documents and conform to MS Excel (spreadsheets - XLS, XLSX etc.) standards/ specifications and rules.

By the way, which tool/ software you are using to open the converted XLSX file? Please provide more details about the issue you found when opening the file in your other tool.

Thank you.

hi,

thanks for you reply. the customer’s product is Trados 2014 SP2,they check their product, but still not found any method to solved this issue. the want to known the compression algorithm or Compressing ratio when using Aspose. cell API to generate xlsx.Whether to adopt the Windows default package program?

they think that may compress algorithm or compression ratio difference caused their products are unable to read properly.

Best Regard!

Hi,

Well, we use level2 compression while rendering to XLSX file format, e.g, _s.CompressionLevel = CompressionLevel.Level2;

Thank you.

hi,

thanks for your reply.the customer want to know that the Level2 refer to which one level of store, fastest, fast, normal, maximum, ultra?

Best Regard!

Eric

Hi,

Here is the description/ details of the Level(s) a bit:

///
/// A synonym for BestSpeed.
///
Level1 = 1,

///
/// A little slower, but better, than level 1.
///
Level2 = 2,

We think, you should contact “Trados 2014 SP2” team and ask them to fix the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further. If we use WinZip tool to unzip and zip the generated file, the “Trados 2014 SP2” works fine. If we use other zip tools and use whatever compression level we can have, “Trados 2014 SP2” could not work.

Hope, this helps you.

Thank you.

hi,

thanks for your reply.

can you set the aspose cloud api to using WinZip tool to unzip and zip the generated file? or for customer to customized product separately?

Best Regard!

Hi,

I am afraid, we cannot embed WinZip on cloud APIs, you should do it by yourself and it’s better that Trados 2014 SP2 should fix this issue.

Thank you.