Working with Cloud Storage files using Aspose.Words Cloud API

Are documents sent to the Cloud API stored on your end? if so, how long are they stored?

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can either upload documents to Aspose cloud storage (default option ) or to any third party storage service of your choice by passing storage name. In case you opt for uploading files to Aspose’s cloud storage, the files will remain be there as long as you want. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Edit: After performing document processing tasks on files stored on cloud storage, if required, you can always delete a particular document from Aspose Cloud storage. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Bryan,

In addition to my last reply, please note that with Aspose Cloud APIs you can also convert documents to many other formats without even uploading to any storage. Aspose Cloud APIs support processing local files. For example, please visit the following articles:

Convert Word to other File Formats without using the Cloud Storage
Convert Excel Workbook to Different File Formats without using Storage

Best regards,

@bryanshelton

As an update please note if you use Aspose Cloud storage for file processing then it stores files as per the value of Storage Mode. The possible values are as following and if you want to retain some folders then you can use the Regex to Retain Files Forever option.

• Retain files for one month
  • Retain files for one week
  • Retain files for 24 hours

Furthermore, since Aspose.Words Cloud 19.4 release now you can use Storage API methods of Aspose.Words API to work with cloud storage.