Using with scala

We are currently prototyping a cloud based powerpoint conversion service built on top of the Play! Framework in Scala.

Generally it is very easy to include jar libraries in the application. We place them in the lib folder and the compiler knows to pull them into the project. However, with the Aspose Slides library we are getting the following error:

package slides contains object and package with same name: b one of them needs to be removed from classpath

What is the best way to get around this problem? Is it even possible? Has anyone else gotten the Aspose libraries working from Scala?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to observe the issue shared by you. Can you please share the details about the issue and your Scala environment. I may investigate the environment details and its comparability with Aspose.Slides on my end. I may also suggest you to consider REST based implementation of Aspose.Slides in the form of Saaspose. Please visit this web link for your convenience.

Many Thanks,

We’re building the service using the scala Play! Framework. Although, I think this is anytime you try to get the Scala compiler to use the jar in a project.

Trying to import com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx throws a conflict error where the jar is trying to define a variable ‘b’ that is already being used.

package slides contains object and package with same name: b one of them needs to be removed from classpath

Please let me know if you would like any specific information. We can also try to set up a github repo that replicates the issue if that would help.

Hi Dave,

I have observed the requirement shared and request you to please share the sample project along with all necessary details over Github repo that we may use on our end to reproduce the issue. I will really appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Dave,

I also like to add that we have released Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 yesterday and suggest you to please try using the same. Please share your feedback with stack trace if there is still issue with mentioned version. Please also share the requested information in previous post as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Dave,

Can you please share your feedback that does Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 resolve the issue on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the Play project which doesn’t work with slides and reproduce the issue. We need to close the ticket in our issue tracking system if the issue has been resolved on your end. Otherwise, please share the requested information so that we may proceed further with your issue resolution.

Many Thanks,

Moved here: Using with scala - Free Support Forum - aspose.cloud