Update Bookmark in MS Word document with Aspose.Words Cloud API throws Bookmark not found error

On November 6 around 3:30 pm UTC one of our documents stop working with Words for Cloud and fails with “Bookmark not found” errors, although nothing has changed on our end. Upon inspecting the temporary file against the template, the latter fails to retain any of the bookmarks. Was there a service update around this time?

The API call affected:

public static void Copy(string inputPath, string outputPath)

{
  string uri = string.Format(“{0}/storage/file / {1} ? newdest = {2}”,Product.BaseProductUri, inputPath, outputPath);
  Utils.ProcessCommand(Utils.Sign(uri), “PUT”);
}

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is SAASWORDS-176. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Ryan,

I post and answer your recent comment to Sales here:

“Since
these recent changes on the 5th are causing issues, is it possible to downgrade
the API to an earlier date? Every mention of versions just references 1.1,
which has been around for awhile.”

I asked the same question to the development team when raising the priority of this Cloud issue earlier, so I am sure they are actively considering this.

It is best to post any more comments here as opposed to emailing Sales to ensure the required developers get to see it as soon as possible.

Regression; issue reappeared today with the same bookmark errors.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue (SAASWORDS-176) is not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for being patient. We have good new for you i.e. SAASWORDS-176 has now been resolved. You may now please re-test your scenario with Aspose.Words for Cloud.

Best regards,