Timeout Errors

We have been encountering many timeout errors on our side. And its not that same request is being timed out. When tried next time similar requests execute successfully. API usage logs dont show any data regarding these requests. The lack of insight and data regarding these timeout errors is pretty rubbish from Aspose side. There is lot of instances where the occurrence increase on weekends and later times.

image_2024-06-11_124312540.png (337 KB)

@bedarley111111 Do you use Aspose Cloud API?

@alexey.noskov Yes

@alexey.noskov why has there been no reply on this post?

Our team is working to fix timeouts.

We’ve had the exact same issue with requests randomly timing out. Aspose API logs show no trace of the request.

Very frustrating…although I am glad we’re not the only ones. We’ve wasted countless hours trying to pin point the reason.

@thomp361

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter these issues, and we want you to know that you are not alone in this.

Our team is currently working closely with our network engineers to investigate the root cause of the request timeouts. We are committed to resolving this as quickly as possible to ensure a smooth and reliable experience for you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. If you have any additional information or specific instances of this issue, please do not hesitate to share them with us. Your input can be invaluable in helping us diagnose and fix the problem more efficiently.

Thank you for your prompt response and for letting us know that your team is actively working on this issue. We appreciate your efforts and understanding.

I am experiencing an issue with converting non-PDF files to PDF, uploading them, merging the files, and then downloading the final document. This issue occurs regardless of file size, but it is more frequent when dealing with multiple files (around 6 or 7).

I am attaching the cURL commands I used to reproduce the issue. If you need any additional information, we would be happy to arrange a live debug session at your convenience.

Please let us know your thoughts on this. Thank you for your assistance.
aspose_sript.docx (14.7 KB)

Thank you for sharing the data with us. As a temporary solution, we doubled the number of our production instances and hope it decreases the number of timeouts while we investigate this issue.

It would be great if the API request logs can give the whole picture and also show the timed out request or any other error request rather than just showing the successful ones or the billable ones. To be honest, not showing this data dents into the accountability of Aspose service for which we are paying.

Thank you for your suggestion; I will connect with our billing team to see if they can extend logs.

We’re still getting timeouts. They’re happening less often, but still happening.

This is for Words cloud and Cells Cloud.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll share with the admin team that there are users who are still getting timeouts

A post was split to a new topic: Convert to PDF fails

@yaroslaw.ekimov We are experiencing lot of 504 gateway timeouts

Below is a screenshot. Timings are in Indian Standard time (GMT + 5:30)
image_2024-08-14_144723611.jpg (311.8 KB)

Hi @bedarley111111 !

We’ve noticed that you’ve experienced some timeouts recently, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We want to ensure you have the best possible experience with our service, and your feedback is invaluable to us. To help us address this issue, could you please let us know if you’ve noticed timeouts happening more frequently than before? Any additional details you can provide will help us investigate and resolve the issue more quickly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve our service. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to resolving this issue for you.

The admin team reported that this issue has been fixed. However, if you encounter it again, we will escalate the problem immediately