Significant increase in processing/response time of API

Since this morning we have experienced a significant increase in processing/response time when generating word documents through the API.

Our logs show the average time is usually 3-5 seconds, however since this morning all tasks have exceeded 30 seconds and then return a 504 timeout as we use Lambda to process the API requests and it has a hard 30 second limit.

Can you please look into this degredation of performance ASAP. It is a critical issue for us.



We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating the server logs. However, in the meantime, we have redeployed our containers. Please check and confirm if the issue persists.

We have been having the same issue for around 24 hours. After several minutes, we get a 504 error and no PDF. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it does not.


Kindly provide your sample code and document. It will help us in the issue investigation.

Just noting we are seeing the same issues. What typically takes 10 seconds is taking 60 seconds for the last day.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2367

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@patrick_daly, @pfrworksite, @JLL123

As an update, the issue was already fixed after the cluster restart. However, we want to share an update. In server logs, we found some network problems, and we are fixing these to avoid this problem in the future.

Hi admin,
I have same issue with this topic. When I use ConvertDocumentRequest API to convert word to pdf, it took 20 seconds with fontsLocation option. When fontLocaltion = null, it just took 3 second.
Can you please check it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will investigate this issue.

Thank for quick response. I already installed several of version but the response of ConvertDocument API with fontsLocation still took 19-22 second.
Here is the sample of word document and the font that I used: (2.7 MB)