S3 Endpoint Definition for Aspose.Slides Cloud Docker Image

I am trying to run aspose/slides-cloud locally for development with another system that talks to S3. This other system can be configured locally to use minio instead of S3 by setting the endpoint via a ENV variable.

The issue that I’m encountering is that I cannot set the S3 endpoint for aspose slides cloud, which means that I can’t get it to talk to the local minio instance in my docker compose setup.

The primary system that I use takes this environment config:

AWS_ACCESS_KEY=minio
AWS_SECRET_KEY=password
AWS_REGION=ap-southeast-2
AWS_BUCKET=aspose-slides
AWS_ENDPOINT=http://minio:9000

But the aspose-slides-cloud docker image won’t accept the “Endpoint” option:

AWSS3_ACCESS_KEY: '${AWS_ACCESS_KEY}'
AWSS3_SECRET_KEY: '${AWS_SECRET_KEY}'
AWSS3_REGION: '${AWS_REGION}'
AWSS3_BUCKET: '${AWS_ENDPOINT}'

Currently I’m trying to “hack around” this by proxying calls from the aspose slides cloud docker container to minio:9000, but ideally I would prefer to be able to just set the S3 endpoint so that the local docker container talks to the local minio container. It looks like the .NET AWS SDK doesn’t automatically take in environment variables, and I can’t see any config inside the aspose slides cloud docker container that I could update to set the endpoint - I assume that it’s buried/hard-coded in the source somewhere.

Any other options here, or could we see this be passable to docker as an environment variable?

@ddsam
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCLOUD-1721

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@ddsam,
The AWSS3_ENDPOINT environment variable has been added to Aspose.Slides Cloud 23.3. This version will be released in the coming days.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESCLOUD-1721) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides Cloud 23.3.
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.