Replacing Text in PDF with PHP using Aspose.PDF REST API Changes Elements Background

I want to replace text in a PDF document. However some background elements in the resulting PDF will be changed as well.

This is how it looks in the original file

And this is the result

Is there something I can do to only replace the text and keep the background as is?
The API is wonderfull and exactly what we need. However, the result is currently not usable this way.

Thanks for hints or help.
Daniel

I use the PHP API and code as seen in this post: How to Find and Replace Text in PDF using PHP Laravel Throws Error

@kirschkern

We will appreciate it if you please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario and will share our findings with you.

Thanks Tilal,
you will find the document here: https://www.karriere-kick.de/wp-content/uploads/kk-template.pdf
The main replacements are on page 1 for the following placeholders
[DATE]
[LOCATION]
[CITY]
[WITH]

There will be additional placeholders at page 13. I’ve already included [PRICE_S] there.

Thanks a lot for your support.

@kirschkern

Thanks for sharing the sample PDF documents. We have tested the scenario and noticed that text replacement changes the background as well. So we logged a ticket PDFCLOUD-2562 for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as we resolve the issue.

Sounds promising. Thank you.

1 Like

Anything new on this? Could you fix the issue?
Would be happy to work with your service and get some feedback about the progress to decide our next steps.

Thanks
Daniel

@kirschkern

We have recently noticed the reported issue and it is still pending for investigation in the queue. We will share any ETA/update with you as soon as the investigation is completed. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

@tilal.ahmad
Any news on this? Is there an update available that fixes the issue?

@kirschkern

Thanks for your inquiry. We have fixed the issue in base API Aspose.PDF for .NET and hopefully, if everything works as per plan then the fix will be available in Aspose.PDF Cloud 22.5 release, May 2022.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFCLOUD-2562) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by kaferi

We are still seeing this issue.original.png (10.0 KB)
replaced.png (8.7 KB)

This is the original file.
The issue can be seen when replacing “[PRICE_S]” with “990” on page 13.
kk-mappe-vorlage.pdf (6.0 MB)

@kirschkern
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFCLOUD-3467

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFCLOUD-3467) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by andrey.kaferi