Read Speaker Notes from PowerPoint Presentation Slide using Aspose.Slides REST API

Q1

Is the API for retrieving the above “Notes” by text correct in the following?

GetNotesSlide

Q2
In order to retrieve “Notes”, do I need to upload it to My Storage and then retrieve and download it?
Instead, is it possible to retrive directly without going through My Storage?

Q3
Does it take 10 API calls (= 10 credits) to get all the notes out of a 10 page pptx?

@yoshios

Yes, you are right GetNotesSlide API is used to read Notes from a specific Slide of PowerPoint Presentation.

curl -X GET "https://api.aspose.cloud/v3.0/slides/AccessSlides.pptx/slides/1/notesSlide?folder=Temp" 
-H "accept: application/json" 
-H "authorization: Bearer [Access_Token]" 

Yes, you need to upload Presentation to your cloud storage for the purpose. I’m afraid currently there is no option available to read Notes from the request body without using storage. If you are interested in this feature, then we can log it for implementation.

Yes, each API call counts for one credit.

I am intersted in this feature.If possible, it’s better not to go through the storage.

@yoshios

Thanks for your feedback. We have logged the feature request(SLIDESCLOUD-928) in our issue tracking system. We will investigate it and implement it accordingly. We will keep you updated about the issuer resolution progress within this forum thread.

@yoshios

Thanks for your patience. We have a good news for you, your above requested feature(SLIDESCLOUD-928) is implemented. Now, you can use following API method to read Notes from a Slide using request body.

​POST /slides​/slides​/{slideIndex}​/notesSlide Read notes slide info from request body.

Thank you!
I checked the web page to see that it works, which is the feature I expected.

1 Like