Provision of sub accounts and storage of Aspose Cloud

Hello All,

I have a suggestion that’s based on how other cloud services we use are structured: provisionable subaccounts.

In the event that we go over our allotted ops, we need to know which of our customers are responsible for the overage, and to what extent. This would allow us to bill the overage back to those customers.

Also, we need to be able to partition storage according to subaccounts.

By “provisionable” I mean that we have web API endpoints for managing the provisioning of subaccounts (allotted ops, storage, etc.), and suspending, querying, and deleting them.

Subaccounts should also be manageable from within the Account App, and each subaccount should have its own dashboard.

Thank you.

Hi Eric,

Aspose for Cloud allows you to create new apps for different users. You can log in to your account and select My Apps tab to create new apps. You can also create new storages by selecting My Storage tab and assign different storages to different apps.

Each new app has its own storage and API calls limit so you can set these values to restrict certain users to a storage and API calls limit. You can select My Usage tab and then select any app from the dropdown to check the usage of any app.

As far as different dashboard for each application/sub-account is concerned, it is not supported at the moment. Please confirm if new apps option is what you want or your requirement is different? We will log separate dashboard for each app feature if remaining features meet your requirements or log your required features if your requirement is entirely different.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, that’s it. That’s what I was looking for! When I saw “app,” I was thinking a distinct application. But each subaccount could be a distinct instance of the same application, distinguished perhaps by an embedded UUID or other ID.

As for the per-subaccount dashboards, yes, please log that as a feature for the roadmap.

Thank you!

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the details. A new feature request to support this feature has been logged into our issue tracking system as PLATFORM-370. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,