Process Microsoft Word Mail merge with nested tables in Java using Aspose.Words REST API

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose Word Java of its Cloud equivalent (no hands on yet) and it is not clear to me how nested tables would work. In my case the data is an XML document of multiple levels where based on data at levels decisions about deeper levels are made (to be mail merged with a docx file):

Top level: mail merge data
The top level has a list of groups
Per group: mail merge group level specific data
A group contains a list of subgroups:
Per subgroup:
If property X has value 1: mail merge subgroup level specific data
If property X has value 2: continue with a sub-subgroup structure
etc

Would such complex XML structure be possible to process? I found references to “nested mail merge”, is that the same? I found some hints in , it seems to be similar in terms of multi-level XML.

I look forward to a response to my newbie question, guidance in this Apose world is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, Aspose.Words for Cloud support mail merge with regions. Please read following documentation link for your kind reference.
https://docs.aspose.cloud/words/mail-merge/populate-with-data/

You can insert mail merge field inside IF field in your template document as shown below:
{ IF X = 1 “{ MERGEFIELD subgroupfield }” “” }

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,

That’s the answer to my question.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.