Problem with Conversion

Hello! We are using the Aspose Cloud to convert from Docx document to Html. The problem arose with some specific docx file. We tried to convert it to the Html with WordsApi, however there was issue with doing it - the final html was not looking good.

We found the fix to that problem:

1. We converted from Docx to PDF by using WordsApi
  2. We converted from PDF to HTML by using PDFApi

after that the final result was great.

However, now we have another issue: when we convert from the HTML to DOCX or to PDF, the final result is bad: no styles, images are in a wrong place, etc.

That’s strange, because the HTML we got from the same API. Could you please check it and suggest what can we do to achieve good looking pdf/word file. Thanks a lot

Here is the link to the docx file we need to convert to HTML and back
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13-mRfDByzMdf1JWtnkC62ACeDGACWfvl/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=116205347359394746756&rtpof=true&sd=true

@Ryan.kane

I converted your shared Word document to HTML using Aspose.Words Cloud API and was unable to notice any issues. We will appreciate it if you please share your output documents and point out the formatting issue. It will help us to investigate and fix the issue.

CRG Medical Services A&E Transfer Form.zip (70.7 KB)

@tilal.ahmad
Hi Sir, thank you for the answer! Sure, I’ve attached the description of the issues, also I’ve attached the html file we got from Pdf.Aspose Cloud, this is how we need the Word.Aspose Cloud conversion to look like. Also we want to be able to convert back from html to word and have the same view of the file. Currently it doesn’t work in this way

@Ryan.kane

Thanks for sharing the additional information. We are looking into the issue and will update you accordingly.

@Ryan.kane

Please check whether the htmlfixed file format works in your workflow of converting DOCX to HTML and then back to DOCX.
CRG Medical Services A&E Transfer Form_htmlfixed.zip (101.7 KB)

curl -v "https://api.aspose.cloud/v4.0/words/convert?format=htmlfixed" 
-X PUT 
-H "Authorization: Bearer eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1....CFj7YIT37GRoRzJA" 
-H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" 
-F "Document"="@CRG Medical Services A&E Transfer Form.docx" 
--output C:/temp/CRG Medical Services A&E Transfer Form_htmlfixed.html

@tilal.ahmad
Hello! Now it works much better, thanks! But we still have some issues, could you please check them as well:

@Ryan.kane
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2626

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@tilal.ahmad
Hello! Thank you for the update! There are a couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to check the status of the Issue? Or the status will be updated here:
    image.png (9.0 KB)
  2. How long need to wait approximately? Is it days or months?

@Ryan.kane

I am afraid you cannot check the status of our internal ticket directly. You can check the ticket status in the Issues Status window at the right bottom of the thread, or you can ask us for the update.

I am afraid we cannot confirm an ETA at the moment. As soon as the issue investigation is completed, we will be in a good position to share an update/ETA.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-2626) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Ivanov_John