Possible regression. Compare document online request responding with "INS sync failed."

We’re self-hosting aspose/words-cloud:24.1 and getting this error back with two .docx files from this request.

{
  "Error": {
    "Message": "INS sync failed."
  },
  "RequestId": "4f66668305b34e01b97c68ba935e36ef"
}

We’re using the ruby client and setting two parameters in the request options:

The problematic file does indeed have revisions and tracked changes.

We used to run 23.9 prior to recently upgrading to 24.1. I tested the same request with the same files to an instance of 23.9 and the comparison succeeds. I also tested with an instance of 23.12 (the latest 23.x) and that also succeeds as well.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide the example files because they contain private customer data. If it’s any help, I also discovered that deleting a “space” character from a specific paragraph makes the comparison succeed with 24.1. If I add that space back in by pressing the spacebar key, it fails again. So I don’t think it’s due to the textual content. I unzipped the file and observed the node of the apparent problem area and there doesn’t appear to be anything unusual:

<w:r w:rsidRPr="005F38ED">
        <w:rPr>
                <w:rFonts w:ascii="Arial" w:hAnsi="Arial" w:cs="Arial"/>
                <w:sz w:val="20"/>
        </w:rPr>
        <w:t>Text here of the supposed problematic area</w:t>
</w:r>

Let me know if there’s anything else about the files I can describe that could be helpful.

1 Like

@james-ontra
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2604

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thanks for creating the new ticket. My company has obtained paid support services (you should see my username along with some of my colleagues in the account) so please place this ticket in higher priority.

Thank you.

@james-ontra

You may please login to Paid Support Services and log a request to raise the ticket WORDSCLOUD-2604 priority.