Populate nested mail merge and conditional fields / sections support in .NET using Aspose.Words REST API

Hi,

I’m a customer of Aspose.Words for .NET and I’m looking to change to Aspose Cloud. Does Aspose Cloud REST API support conditional sections and nested mail merge like what is described in the attached document and image? Can you provide a sample template and code for me to try?

Thank you

Word Template 1.zip (86.5 KB)
unnamed.png (81.0 KB)

This Topic is created by adam.skelton1 using the Email to Topic plugin.

@itquoterasposedev

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

Please spare us some time to investigate whether our REST APIs meet your needs regarding Conditional Sections and Nested Mail Merge. We will get back to you shortly.

Hello.

Hope you are having a great day!

I found an example document that uses Aspose (desktop version). It was written for us by Aspose Professional Services about 8 years ago. But maybe looking at this document it may help a little.

iSell Quote - Quote Basic.zip (65.8 KB)

Regards Richard

@itquoterasposedev

Aspose offers following 4 REST APIs to perform Mail Merge:

POST /words/{name}/executeTemplate
POST /words/{name}/executeMailMerge
PUT /words/executeTemplate
PUT /words/executeMailMerge

The documentation of these APIs can be found here: Using Mail Merge features with Word Documents.

Populate Mustache Template with Data particularly share the example of Nested Mail Merge.

Please use aspose-words-cloud-dotnet Cloud SDK to make calls to our APIs. The NuGet package of the SDK is available here NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Words-Cloud 23.10.0.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

@itquoterasposedev

We would like to update you that since API Version 4.0, we have combined Mail Merge and Mustache Template APIs. Now a single API works for both types of templates. Let us know if you need any assistance in this regard.

PUT ​/words​/{name}​/MailMerge Executes document mail merge operation

​PUT /words​/MailMerge Executes document mail merge online