PHP API - Parallel Batch Processing Not Working

I’m not convinced batch processing is working:
In the code below I have a switch $batch that if set to True will batch all requests.

The code first searches for the text “{{title_end}}” and then uses the returned Node Ids to insert a field code before each occurence and then finally replaces all the “{{title_end}}” text with “REPLACED”.

The initial SearchRequest is never batched - all other requests are batched if $batch is True.

$folder   = "/TestFolder";
        $storage  = "MY-STORAGE
        $batch    = false;

//create a new document to continue the process
        $filename = "test-".(time() - strtotime("today")).".docx";
        $copyRequest = new CopyFileRequest("$folder/$filename", "/templates/testBatchSearch.docx", $storage, $storage, NULL);
        $wordsApi->copyFile($copyRequest);  

//find the page block placeholders
        $searchResponse = $wordsApi->search(
            new SearchRequest(
                $filename,
                "{{_title_end_}}",
                $folder,
                $storage
        ));       

//the batch array
        $word_api_batch_array = [];

//insert TC fields
        $tc_index = 0;

foreach( $searchResponse->getSearchResults()->getResultsList() as $searchResult ){

//get the 'title' placeholder
            $nodeId = $searchResult->getRangeStart()->getNode()->getNodeId();

$request = new InsertFieldRequest(
                            $filename,          // The filename of the input document.
                            new FieldInsert([
                                "field_code" => "{ TC \"TC-TEXT{$tc_index}\" }",    // ref: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/field-codes-tc-table-of-contents-entry-field-01e5dd8a-4730-4bc2-8594-23d7329e25c3
                            ]),                         // \Aspose\Words\Model\FieldInsert Field data.
                            null,                       // The path to the node in the document tree.
                            $folder,                    // Original document folder.
                            $storage,                   // Original document storage.
                            insert_before_node: $nodeId // The index of the node. A new field will be inserted before the node with the specified node Id.                                                            
                );

if( $batch ){
                $word_api_batch_array[] = new BatchPartRequest($request);
            }
            else {
                $wordsApi->insertField($request);
            }

$tc_index++;
        }

//remove title placeholders
        $request = new ReplaceTextRequest(
                            $filename,
                            new ReplaceTextParameters([
                                "old_value" => "{{_title_end_}}",
                                "new_value" => "REPLACED"
                            ]),
                            $folder,
                            $storage
                    );            

if( $batch ){

$word_api_batch_array[] = new BatchPartRequest($request);
            $wordsApi->batch($word_api_batch_array);                    
        }
        else {
            $wordsApi->ReplaceText($request);
        }

If I run the code in non batched mode it works and I get the following result: testBatchSearch-38360.docx (13.6 KB)

If I run in batched mode only one field code is inserted and the ReplaceText is not executed:testBatchSearch-38592.docx (13.6 KB)

Further more the actual field code that is correctly inserted is random (in the attached file it is { TC “TC-TEXT3” } but in my other test runs it was different field codes .

If there where errors occuring I would expect that at least the final step would complete as the documentation states:

It may happen that one of the internal requests in a batch returns an error. In this case, this error does not interrupt the execution of the entire package, and all subsequent internal requests are processed normally.

“/templates/testBatchSearch.docx” :testBatchSearch.docx (13.5 KB)

@FFSPUD

We are looking into the issue and will update you shortly.

@FFSPUD
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2345

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.