OMR API call count query

Hi, i did sent a question but i dont know if you got it. i cant seem to find it anywhere.
it was about the api call count.
what is considered as a valid api call? if i have a 30page pdf of bubble sheets that i want scanned, and i upload it all at once, it is one api call?
thanks

@uenlkr4e

I am afraid we have not received your question.

Please note that one API call is consumed to recognize an OMR sheet. However, please share some more details of your workflow and a sample document. We will look into these and guide you exactly.

Say we have a 30 page pdf that i want your api to process and return me that bubble sheet results. That will be the results of 30 students. Is the processing of one page an api call?
I mean i upload a pdf (30 pages) and in each page there is a bubble sheet form with students answers, say 100 bubbles in each form. Your api goes through each page and processes the student answers page by page and creates 30 item result object (say a json data). How many api calls did i use here?
does my question make sense?

thank you

@uenlkr4e

Thanks for sharing more details. Please check the Aspose.OMR Cloud documentation to get an idea about the API. As the API works with cloud storage, the first time to recognize a sheet, it uses seven API calls: upload your template mark-up file to cloud storage, generate the template, correct the template, finalize the template, upload the sheet to cloud storage, recognize the sheet and download the result output file. However, if you want to use an existing template for similar sheets, then you only need three API calls: upload the sheet to cloud storage, recognize it and download the result. So for 30 sheets, you would need 94 API calls(7 for first sheet and 87 for remaining 29 sheets). Hopefully, it answers your question.

It would be difficult to call basic OMR functions in API Explorer at the start. So it is best to get familiar with the OMR workflow and functions you can try our Github Code Demo first. And it is also highly recommended using GUI Client to get familiar with the process before using the SDK. It is also well documented with screenshots that will lead you through the process.

I understand, thank you.

One more question about the templates: Is it possible to create fully custom templates? Here is one case we have: There are 40 questions but some are regular 5 choice questions but some are true/false questions. We want to create a bubble sheet template for this layout but this layout may also change from student to student: say first student may have a true/false question as the first question where as the second student may have a multi choice question. Can i create such dynamic templates? Again this will only be the bubble sheet template that is unique to each student with different choice options(multi or true/false)

thanks

@uenlkr4e

In the above scenario, you have to create two separate templates for both sheets. You can try our GUI Client Application to create templates. Please check the following documentation for details.

Two templates? But the templates are dynamic and it may change from one student into another.
First student may have 5 multiple choice questions than 2 true/false questions then more multiple choice questions. Second may have 3 true/false questions then go on with some multiple choice questions. Third one may have a totally different question ordering. I cant have two templates, or i cant have some static templates. They are totally dynamic. How can i create such dynamic templates?
Does my question make sense?

thanks

@uenlkr4e

We will look into your requirements and guide you soon.

Anything on this yet?

thanks

@uenlkr4e

We have looked into your requirements, you need to create dynamic templates programmatically on your side using text markup, and then send them in a cycle for recognition. In order to recognize the completed template, it needs to attach the corresponding .omr file to it.

@uenlkr4e

In addition to the above, we have plans to release a new version of Aspose.OMR Cloud at the start of next year. And planning to introduce a web OMR application with the following functionality. Will it be useful to you?

• Ability to create complex templates with a simple constructor
  • Ability to create a template with reference to the class (When generating, answer sheets will be created for each student with his personal QR code)
  • Ability to send immediately completed answer sheets for the entire class for recognition with automatic grading for each student based on a previously entered grading scale
  • Simple and user friendly interface

It will definitely help. But until that time i am wondering if we could use your services.

How about this scenario: Say we have 40 questions but the questions have different choices so i cant say 40 questions with 4 choices; A B C D.
It is more like; Ten multiple choice questions with A B C D, five true/false questions, another ten A B C D questions, then five questions with multi selections within I II and III (student may select more than one - say; may mark I and II together) and there are some questions that needs to be skipped because they are long answer questions.

Can i create such dynamic templates with the current api? I cant use the template designer because the questions are randomly organized so there is not a static template. For one class the test may start with true/false questions, for the second class it may start with multiple choice questions.

Does the current api support such custom run-time template creation?

thank you

@uenlkr4e

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, as suggested above, you can generate a template programmatically using the text markup. Please see the following documentation link for more information on template generation.