Merge multiple PDF documents in Node.js throws Time Out Error

As of 10 minutes ago, all ASPOSE calls to the API take more than 300 seconds and appear to time out and never finish. Status page says all systems are operational but I don’t think that is true.

@eSUBPreProd

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will appreciate it if you could please share your input documents and sample code. We will try to replicate the issue and share our findings with you.

We are using the Node SDK and calling putMergeDocuments, downloadFile. Code has been working fine for the last week. Today it is very spotty. Worked this morning, then same code starting working again, and now it is broken again. Are you not experiencing an outage? This is all around PDF Cloud

@eSUBPreProd

We have not received any such complaints. However, we will investigate the server logs and share our findings with you.

I have boiled it down to this code with this payload. Can you explain why these pdf’s will not merge? They both have been upload to Storage in my account with no problem. I get other pdf’s to merge with the exact same code.

The code is below and it just hangs and never returns.
await pdfApi.putMergeDocuments('mergeTest.pdf', { list: ['LandmarkSeriesBrochNortheast.pdf','01GYXN3A7DKH5Y06J337DN2AA2.pdf'] } );

LandmarkSeriesBrochNortheast.pdf (2.9 MB)
01GYXN3A7DKH5Y06J337DN2AA2.pdf (58.1 KB)

@eSUBPreProd

I have tested the scenario with your shared documents, and it took almost 100 seconds. Please try to use the latest version of the Aspose.PDF Cloud SDK for Node and confirm.

I am on the latest verision of the code (23.4.0). Here is my test that fails every time… Is there some type of configuration when I start up the package that I am doing wrong? Your demo page does it in less than 3 seconds… (PDF Merger | Online and Free). How can I make it work like that?

import { getAsposeCreds } from "../src/asposeUtils";
import { createTestId } from "./pdfServiceTestUtils";

const { PdfApi } = require('asposepdfcloud');

describe('When using Aspose SDK', () => {
	it('Should Merge Bad PDF', async () => {
		// ARRANGE
		const { clientId, secret } = await getAsposeCreds();
  	    const pdfApi = new PdfApi(clientId, secret);
		const fileName = `${createTestId()}.pdf`;
		const mergeFileNames = {
			list: ['01GZ0SKFPM06FTPM9V2N8W0WKJ.pdf', 'LandmarkSeriesBrochNortheast.pdf']
		}

// ACT
		await pdfApi.putMergeDocuments(fileName, mergeFileNames);;
	});
});

The error I get is:
[UnhandledPromiseRejection: This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason “Error: Gateway Timeout”.] {
code: ‘ERR_UNHANDLED_REJECTION’
}

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 8.09.19 AM.png (36.0 KB)
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 8.09.28 AM.png (27.7 KB)

@eSUBPreProd

Thanks for the information. I am afraid, I am still unable to reproduce the issue. Please share your credentials via a private message. For a private message, click on my user icon and use the message option. I will try to replicate the issue and guide you accordingly.