Merge/Combine Word Documents in Zapier lose formatting

Hi I tested - unfortunately this is still not working.
Please assist?
I tried all formatting options - none worked.

@lbernardza

I have tested the scenario with KeepSourceFormatting and UseDestinationStyles. Please find the output documents for reference.

In second output document, second input document retains the formatting. Please share your expected document with us. We will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

testzapiermerge_KeepSourceFormatting (2022-04-21 16-22-37.079).docx (29.9 KB)
testzapiermerge_UseDestinationStyles (2022-04-21 19-31-13.167).docx (29.9 KB)

note i am using this functionality through zapier. I see the option in zapier but just to confirm if it is working as expected?

@lbernardza

Yes, the Zapier Import format value is working. I have also tested the merge feature using Zapier with different Import format values and shared the above outputs.

I have done this but it doesn’t work. Visually everything looks ok but some of the items that had style “heading” applied to them as now just showing as style “normal” etc.

@lbernardza

Please check the attached output document and confirm is it fine? As I noticed that using UseDestinationStyles Import format retains the styles of the second input document. However, if you find any issues then please share the details along with the screenshots.

testzapiermerge_UseDestinationStyles (2022-04-21 19-31-13.167).docx (29.9 KB)

it works for some documents and not others. Can you assist please?
I tried the cloudmersive merge and it works without issue.

@lbernardza

Can you please share the input files that are not working as expected? We will test the scenario and will guide you accordingly.

You mean appendDocument API method of Aspose.Words Cloud API?

@lbernardza

If your data is confidential, then you may share it via a private message or email.

@lbernardza

Thanks for sharing the input documents. We have tested the scenario and noticed the formatting issue. So logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-1991 for further investigation and rectification. We will update you as soon as we resolve the issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-1991) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Ivanov_John