Mailmerge Microsoft Word Template in C# timeout issue

Hi,
We are creating larger reports now, and I start getting HttpCLient timeout exceptions when passing 100 seconds.
Any way we can set the timeout when using Aspose.Words.Cloud.Sdk.WordsApi.ExecuteMailMergeOnline()?
kr,
Michel.

Hi,

I worked around this by using the REST API directly with my own configured HttpClient and IRequestModel.CreateHttpRequest() and CreateHttpRequest.DeserializeResponse().

It still works well for smaller reports, but the bigger ones, around 280 pages each with 14 fields, I get a 502.3 (Bad Gateway, The operation timed out, The CGI application did not return a valid set of HTTP errors).

Kr,
Michel.

@michel.liesmons

After initial investigation, we have logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-1820 to fix the issue. Meanwhile, please share your sample template and data. It will help us to address your issue exactly.

Hi Ahmad,

Attached my template and data.

Kr,

Michel.

IssueTemplate.docx (652 KB)

(Attachment IssueData.json is missing)

Data as zip.

IssueData.zip (33.4 KB)

@michel.liesmons

I am afraid I am unable to test your template/data, your data is throwing an authentication error on reading images. Please double check and share the updated data.

“Message”: “The remote server returned an error: (403) Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature…”

Hi Ahmad,

Indeed, as you can see the image links are signed links, the images are confidential.
Thought you were only analysing not running.
I will prepare the same data.json but with public image links.

kr,
Michel.

1 Like

Hi Ahmad,

Attached data with only references to a dummy public picture.

Kr,

Michel.

reportdata_dummy.zip (4.39 KB)

1 Like

@michel.liesmons

Thanks for sharing the sample data. It will help us in the issue investigation and test the fix.

@michel.liesmons

Regarding the above fix, please note we have added Connfigration.Timeout property in Net SDK. The value is measured in seconds. The default value is 100 seconds. You can set Timeout property for your requirements.