Mail Merge Microsoft Word documents using Aspose.Words REST API results with extra vertical space

Hi there

I am evaluating Aspose Cloud to see if it will meet our needs in an upcoming enhancement however I seem to have hit a brick wall so to speak.

I have a list of staff that I need to merge into a Word template, this list varies in size and although I have managed to output the names they are being displayed underneath each other which ends up using far too much vertical space.

Ideally I want the output to be horizontal, probably about 4 - 5 columns per row. I’ve scoured the online documentation but if I must be honest it is abysmal, dead links and very little cloud specific material.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words for Cloud.

We are working on improving overall user experience of our documentation. It will hopefully be well structured in near future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Secondly, you can use “useWholeParagraphAsRegion” option to control this behavior. Please check:

In case the problem still remains, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document (Word template)
  • Convert your list (data source) to JSON or XML and share the file here for testing
  • Aspose.Words generated output DOCX file showing the undesired behavior
  • Please attach your expected document here for our reference. We will investigate the structure of your expected document as to how you want your final output be generated like. You can create expected document using Microsoft Word.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.

Best regards,