Image Quality/Resolution when a PowerPoint Presentation Is Exported to PDF

I’m exporting PPTX to PDF using

slidesApi.convert_and_save(file, "PDF", outputFile, None, None, None, None, options)

Options is defined in order to generate the highest possible image quality in the PDF

options = PdfExportOptions()
options.jpeg_quality = 100
options.sufficient_resolution = 10000
options.apply_image_transparent = True
options.embed_full_fonts = False

In Feb 2023, it worked well, generating files with 4Mo size in my case.
I’m reusing my code, and now the same file is ~800ko, and image quality is pretty poor.

Has the API/service recently evolved? I haven’t find anything about this?
What should I do to get the highest possible PDF image resolution?

@jrobette,
Thank you for contacting support.

Could you please share the presentation file and output PDF document? You can zip the files and upload an archive here. Then we will check the problem soon.

@andrey.potapov

Thx for your quick reply.
Here is an example (given the original file contains personal data).
It contains, both a PPTX (the source) and the PDF (the output) download from “https://dashboard.aspose.cloud/files
Thx for your kind help,

_test.zip (2.9 MB)

@jrobette,
Thank you for the sample files. I get the same poor quality when converting the presentation to a PDF document. I am also was unable to improve the image quality changing the export options.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCLOUD-1776

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thx for confirming the issue.
Will be eagerly waiting for the “non priority” fix then
BR,

Where can I track the SLIDESCLOUD-1776 ticket?

@jrobette,
You can see the issue status at the bottom of the forum thread. You will also be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides Cloud SDK with a fix is published.

1 Like

Looking for some updates on this issue status. This is one of the important features of Aspose for Powerpoint.

@jrobette,
As far as I can see, the issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.