How to Use Google Cloud Storage in Docker Container?

Hi,

As stated in How to Run Docker Container|Aspose Slides Cloud Docs I can use the following command to run a docker container:

docker run -p 8088:80 -e "LicensePublicKey=public_key" -e "LicensePrivateKey=private_key" -v "/data:/storage" aspose/slides-cloud

This specifies a folder ‘/data’ in my current working directory which acts as my volume. When I now upload files, instead of being uploaded to my default storage specified in my dashboard.aspose.cloud, it is now copied to this ‘/data’ folder. Is it possible to still upload and download files to remote storage when using Docker?

Thanks.

@mixonfreddy6plus,
Thank you for posting the question.

When using Aspose.Slides Cloud, a user connects their Google Drive account via the dashboard, where they specify, among other things, the credentials required for authorization. When the user specifies the appropriate storage, the Cloud uses those credentials to access Google Drive.

Unfortunately, there is no such possibility for a docker image. We will not be able to attach to the account, because there is no place to specify these credentials.

Implementing this is not easy. How much do you need it? We may consider implementing your requirements.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov

Since we’re a company dealing with confidential data we are forced to use docker images. All of our files are on Google Cloud Storage though, so it would be of great use to have that integration as well.

I did see that this functionality is supported by Groupdocs.Merger Cloud (Docker) via the following command:

docker run \
   -p 8080:80 \
   -v $(pwd)/data:/data \
   -e GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/data/key.json \
   -e GOOGLE_STORAGE_BUCKET=bucket_id \
   --name merger_cloud \
   groupdocs/merger-cloud

We tried working with Groupdocs.Merger Cloud but it seems they have a credit system issue, which makes it impossible to use for licensed customers.

Thanks

@mixonfreddy6plus,
Thank you for the additional information.
I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESCLOUD-1370 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will consider implementing this feature. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

1 Like

@mixonfreddy6plus,
The issue SLIDESCLOUD-1370 has been resolved in Aspose.Slides Cloud 22.2. You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.

To use Google Cloud Storage in Docker container, you can run the image as shown below:

docker run \ 
    -p 8088:80 \
    -e "LicensePublicKey=public_key" \
    -e "LicensePrivateKey=private_key" \
    -e "GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/creds/myCreds.json" \
    -e "GOOGLE_STORAGE_BUCKET=myBucket" \
    -v "/home/user/google-cloud-creds:/creds" \
    aspose/slides-cloud

/home/user/google-cloud-creds/myCreds.json is the file with credentials.