How to Track Changes in Word document with Aspose.Words Cloud API

Hi

Does anyone know if the Cloud API for Word supports the ‘Track Changes’ function in Word?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will provide a way to start automatically marking all further changes you make to the Document programmatically as Revision changes. We have logged this requirement in our issue tracking system as WORDSCLOUD-161. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-161) have been fixed in Aspose.Words Cloud SDKs .

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi there

Thank you so much for your response.

Just so that I am clear we can use your Aspose.Word product to build into our application the Word Track Changes function as per this screenshot: http://take.ms/y7pwk

I would be so greatly if you would confirm this and also point me in the right direction of the support documents and API calls for this feature.

Thank you again so much

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have added following two new “compare documetns ” in Aspose.Words for Cloud API.

Parameter Name HTTP Method(s) Type Query String/HTTPBody Description
revisionAuthor POST, PUT, DELETE string Query String: revisionAuthor=author Initials of the author to use for revisions. If you set this parameter and then make some changes to the document programmatically, save the document and later open the document in MS Word you will see these changes as revisions.
revisionDateTime POST, PUT, DELETE DateTime Query String: revisionDateTime=2017-02-20 The date and time to use for revisions.

We will be sure to update documentation and provide you example soon.

Best regards,