How to OCR Documents with Aspose.OCR using .NET Framework 4.5

We are looking to implement OCR functionality using Aspose.OCR into an application that is targeting .Net Framework 4.5.
What are my options -

1. Upgrade the application to .Net Framework 4.8?
2. Or are their Aspose.OCR ibrary versions available for .Net Framework 4.5?
3. Where could I find information on Rest API for Aspose.OCR? Could those be used with .Net Framework 4.5?
  1. Also looked at Aspose.OCR-Cloud SDK from Nuget. This does not seem to be compatible even with .Net Framework 4.8. Am I looking at the wrong one?

Appreciate any information on how best to go about this.

Hello!
May I clarify which library are you using, Aspose.OCR or Aspose.OCR-Cloud?

If you plan to use Aspose.OCR-Cloud, the minimum version of the .Net at the moment is 6.0. In the next release 23.6.0, we will switch to .Net Standard 2.0, which will allow using the Aspose.OCR-Cloud package in .Net Framework 4.6.1 and higher projects.
Also, you can use our REST API documentation https://docs.aspose.cloud/ocr/ if you want to use your own client.

If you plan to use Aspose.OCR, please pay attention to system requirements, licenses and pricing (https://docs.aspose.com/ocr/net/). You can ask questions about this version here Aspose.OCR Product Family - Free Support Forum - aspose.com

If you still have questions, you can ask them here.

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for the response.

I am looking into both options – Aspose.OCR On Premise and Aspose.OCR-Cloud implementation.

SO here are few things that I understood, please confirm/correct me if wrong -

image001.png (13.1 KB)

Hello! Here are the answers to the statements you asked:

1. Upgrade the application to .Net Framework 4.8?

To use cloud version you will need to upgrade your project to .Net Framework 4.6.1 or higher

2. Or are their Aspose.OCR library versions available for .Net Framework 4.5?

According to the documentation, the On Premise Aspose.OCR library also supports only .Net Framework 4.6.1 or higher.

3. Where could I find information on Rest API for Aspose.OCR? Could those be used with .Net Framework 4.5?

You can use developer reference to develop your own client using libraries available in .Net Framework 4.5 to make HTTP requests

4. Also looked at Aspose.OCR-Cloud SDK from Nuget. This does not seem to be compatible even with .Net Framework 4.8. Am I looking at the wrong one?

You have found the correct package. The current 23.5.0 release does not support the .Net Framework, but the next 23.6.0 will be usable with .Net versions compatible with .Net Standard 2.0

Oops, didn’t know that!

How do I make it public for you to respond? Could you please make it public if you have the permission to do so?

image001.png (13.1 KB)

@stiwari01

I am afraid we could not get your point. Can you please share some more details about it? Your post is already public.