How to merge documents without adding sections using REST / curl?

We’re currently using Aspose Words clouds and /words/{name}/appendDocument to merge multiple documents, but we want to avoid adding additional sections.

Is there a REST/curl API available to append content to a section, like documented here?

Removing sections breaks without removing section content doesn’t seem to be possible either. The DELETE /words/{name}/sections/{sectionIndex} removes the content of the section.

Using continuous section breaks doesn’t solve our requirements

@petterataibel

Currently, we do not support the functionality to append or insert only the section contents. We will appreciate it if you please provide your sample input documents along with existing and expected output documents for reference. We will investigate these and will guide you accordingly.

Was there a solution to this problem?

My requirements are to have a section break after my contents page only. This allows me start page number at 1 from the first page after the contents page - and use the number of section pages field code to make the page count is correct.
image.png (1.7 KB)

If a new section is added after each merged document then this messes up the page numbering and makes the appendDocument useless for my requirements.

@FFSPUD

We have logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-2506 to investigate and implement your requirements. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-2506) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Ivanov_John