How to get data validation name range from Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet with Aspose.Cells REST API?

Is it possible using the ASPOSE Cloud Cells API to make a GET to return the values from a data validation. I’ve pretty much worked out every one of the necessary API calls I need to make including getting a list of data validations in the making the appropriate API call for the specific index. Is it possible to use the returned result from the index API call for example $B2$:$E2$ or B2:E2 to then get the values from the corresponding range of cells?

@Measleboy

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use Ranges API to get the value of a named range. Please check the documentation for more details.

Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task. However, if there is any difference in your requirement and our understanding, then please share your sample document and desired results with details. We will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

Thanks but its not clear in the documentation cURL example how to use the “namerange”

for example

/worksheets/sheet1/ranges/value?namerange= NAMERANGEHERE &firstRow=0&firstColumn=0&rowCount=0&columnCount=0

DV_example.zip (6.1 KB)
In this example there is only 1 datavalidaion range

what would i enter in the “namerange” val for the API GET ? the only indicator i can see when i make the GET to the API endpoint for the datavalidation index is =$B$1:$D$1

@Measleboy

Thanks for your feedback. I am looking into the inquiry and will update you soon.

1 Like

@Measleboy / @Timbo

Currently you need to use a separate API calls for validating worksheet by index and get name range values. Please find sample cURL example for reference. Hopefully it helps. However, if it is required to perform the tasks with a single API call, for this we can log a feature request for it.

curl -v "http://api.aspose.cloud/v1.1/cells/DV_example.xlsx/worksheets/Sheet1/validations/0" -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer [ACCESS_TOKEN]"

curl -v "http://api.aspose.cloud/v1.1/cells/DV_example.xlsx/worksheets/Sheet1/ranges/value?nameRange=b1:d1" -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer [ACCESS_TOKEN]"

1 Like

@tilal.ahmad excellent that solved my issue. thank-you for posting the two examples. it was the sencond which i’d missed .