How to Export Custom Fields of WordPress Post to DOCX?

Hello!
My client’s website has a theme that includes a subtitle field (custom field) that is not included in exports. I’ve looked through a number of threads and have an idea of where I can add code to extend this, but not sure if I’ve found all necessary elements. Could you provide some direction?
Thanks!

@gordo942,

Unfortunately, your question isn’t clear enough therefore we request you to please elaborate your inquiry further by providing complete details of your usecase. Are you converting Word document (DOCX, DOC or RTF formats etc) with custom Fields to HTML format? What do you mean by ‘theme including subtitle custom field’? Please also ZIP and upload your source input document, Aspose.Words generated output file showing the undesired behavior, piece of source code and your expected file showing the desired output here for testing. You can create expected file by using MS Word or any other editor. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.

1 Like

My apologies for the lack of info… We are developing a site that will use Aspose.Words Exporter to export posts as DOCX files so the site owner can create compilations of posts as digital products. The website uses Gabfire’s Advanced Newspaper theme and there is an extra field called “Post Entrance” that is inserted after the post title as a subtitle. This field is not included in the post content during the DOCX export. I’m not expecting customization from Aspose, just some direction for modify the code or adding an extension. As an alternative, if Exporter could have an option to include the post excerpt, that may resolve our issue.
Thanks!

@gordo942

We are looking into your requirements and will share the details shortly.

1 Like

I appreciate you looking into this. Has there been any progress?

@gordo942

We have logged a ticket (WORDPRESS-53) to support your requirements in Aspsoe.Words DOC Exporter WordPress plugin. We will update you as soon as it is implemented.

Can you provide a timeframe for when this will be addressed? days? weeks? months?

Thank you!

@gordo942

I’m afraid your request is still pending for the investigation in the queue. However, I have requested our product team to complete the investigation asap and share an ETA. We will notify you as soon as we get an update.

Tilal,

Wondering if there’s been any update in the past 30 days. Appreciate any info you can provide!

@gordo942

Your requested feature is not implemented yet, because the product team is busy in other high priority tasks. I have escalated the issue and asked the team to raise the issue priority. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this thread. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

@gordo942

Thanks for your patience. We have implemented your above requested feature. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words Exporter WordPress Plugin, it includes the support of custom fields. Hopefully, it will help you to accomplish your requirement.