How to Convert VSD(X) to PPTX?

I’m interested what I need to convert a VSD(X) to PPTX using your software.

On your website I see that you are capable to convert a VSDX to PPTX.

Looking at your product lines, I see that Aspose.Diagram is not able to directly convert to PPTX.

And I see that the Aspose.Slides is able to convert any document to PowerPoint (PPTX).

Do I need Aspose.Slides and/or Aspose.Diagram?
And does this include the ability to convert VSDX and VSD files?

@ralphnoordanus,
Thank you for contacting support.

Far as I know, Aspose.Diagram is used for such a conversion. I have moved this forum thread to Aspose.Diagram forum. Our support team will help you further.

@ralphnoordanus

You can achieve your requirement in two steps with the collaboration of Aspose.Diagram Cloud API and Aspose.PDF Cloud API. First Convert VSD(X) to PDF using Aspose.Diagram Cloud API and later convert PDF to PPTX using Aspose.PDF Cloud API.

GET ​/pdf​/{name}​/convert​/pptx Converts PDF document (located on storage) to PPTX format and returns resulting file in response content
PUT ​/pdf​/{name}​/convert​/pptx Converts PDF document (located on storage) to PPTX format and uploads resulting file to storage
PUT ​/pdf​/convert​/pptx Converts PDF document (in request content) to PPTX format and uploads resulting file to storage

Thank you for your reply.

I was wondering if its possible to install these API’s on our own environment?
And/or is there an .dll available we could use directly in our application?

I’m asking this because some of our products are still desktop applications that could be installed locally. And some of our applications are already cloud native.

Is it also possible to use the Aspose.Slides to convert PDF to PPTX? I also see some more usecases in the Aspose.Slides product.

@ralphnoordanus,
You can use Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Slides and other products as libraries in your applications.

The following code example (C#) shows you how to import PDF to presentations:

using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation())
{
    presentation.Slides.AddFromPdf("InputPDF.pdf");
    presentation.Save("OutputPresentation.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

Documents: Import Presentation
API Reference: Presentation Class | ISlideCollection Interface