How to convert PDF to HTML with Aspose.Words REST API

I have a couple of pretty simple pdf files that aren’t being converted to html. I’m using the post REST api http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/words/convert?format=html, and getting back a response: {“Message”:“Failed to convert PDF document to Word format”}. I also tried by directly using your api reference site (Aspose.Words Cloud - API References) and get the same error.

I’ve tried opening these pdfs with Microsoft Word, as well as using several online pdf converters, and none of them had problems converting the pdfs. Can you please advise?

Test.pdf (7.8 KB)
sample.pdf (53.6 KB)

@talentho

Please use Aspose.PDF REST APIs to convert PDF document to HTML. You may use one of the following three APIs:

1. Converts PDF document (located on storage) to Html format and returns resulting file in response content
  2. Converts PDF document (located on storage) to Html format and uploads resulting file to storage
  3. Converts PDF document (in request content) to Html format and uploads resulting file to storage.

Cloud SDKs to call these APIs are available at Aspose.PDF Cloud · GitHub.

We hope this helps!

@talentho

As an update, please note since Aspose.Words Cloud 19.4 we have released an improved API version 4.0. It is better than older versions in terms of memory management and API structure. It is converting your above shared PDF documents to HTML successfully.