How to configure FTP Storage with Aspose Cloud API

Hello,
we’re trying to configure FTP Storage but we’re getting the error “Invalid connection” when we try to test our connection. Is there something special we should consider? Because the same credentials with FileZilla works.

Thank you

@Billyb

Please verify that you have followed the steps to configure your FTP storage mentioned in the following documentation article. Hopefully, it will help you to accomplish the task.

Same… Did you find what the problem was?
I think that in FileZilla it’s connecting with “Require explicit FTP over TLS”, but Aspose is connecting with SSL over TLS

@itnale

Please note “Require explicit SSL over TLS” option is not mandatory. If your server does not need the option, you can leave it unchecked.

I know, tried that, even created a custom vsftpd server on VPS, with the most basic config, without SSL, didn’t work… Logs show that Aspose api doesn’t even try to login to ftp. Like this:

CONNECT: Client "::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx"

When it should be like this(when I connect with filezilla)

CONNECT: Client "::ffff:yy.yyy.yy.yyy"
    [someuser] OK LOGIN: Client "::ffff:yy.yyy.yy.yyy"

Do you know what do I need to set in vsftpd config to make it work?
Also, when I click “Test connection” when editing storage, XHR request in console shows that the response is Internal Server Error…

@itnale

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into the issue and share our findings with you soon.

1 Like

@itnale

Please note we use FtpWebRequest to connect to FTP endpoints.
FtpWebRequest only supports “explicit TLS/SSL encryption” when SSL is enabled. Please share your complete configuration details. It will help us to further look into your issue.