How to change "Download post as DOCX" to an icon

Hello,

Is there anyway to change the words “Download post as DOCX” into a clickable icon of choice (preferably a microsoft word doc icon) image.png (139.7 KB)

Thank you!

@rcapuano

Yes, you can edit templates/download-exported-file-widget.php to make it whatever you want.

Nice! …How would I go about doing that?

@rcapuano

Please share your website link and screenshot, where you want to put the icon/image. We will try to share an HTML snippet with you as soon as possible.

This is an intranet page for our company and you have to have a username and password to login. Would I be able to get an html snippet of the widget code to send you instead?

image.png (10.0 KB)

@rcapuano

Please share only the link. If required we will ask you for more details.

lifeandfaithresources.com

@rcapuano

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into your requirement and will share a solution soon.

Hello, I wanted to follow up on this and see if there was a quick was to change the text into a clickable icon instead. Thanks!

@rcapuano

I have requested for the update and will update you accordingly. Meanwhile, can you please confirm how you add this text ‘Download post as DOCX’, using some template?

So the text “Download post as DOCX” appeared when the widget was first installed. I have no idea how to change or alter that text in any way.

@rcapuano

Thanks for the details. We will share sample code snippet to change it as soon as possible.

Thank you! I can’t wait for that code!

@rcapuano

Please spare us some time. We are working on some changes in the plugin and will share your required code snippet as well soon.

Awesome! I’ll be on the lookout.

1 Like

@rcapuano

Sure, we will keep you updated about the status of your requirement(WORDPRESS-570) in this forum post.

Hello,

Are there updates with this yet?

@rcapuano

We are still working to make the plugin compatible with the latest WordPress. We will share the details as soon as we upgrade it. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.