How does authentication works in Aspose.Slides Cloud docker containers?

I know that in the cloud version you can create applications. How does that work in the docker hosted version? And how do I request API keys for that as I am getting the watermark when I try to use the APIs which I believe is the default behavior for the unlicensed Aspose version.

@beingmudit,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the query.

Please take a look at the next article: How to Run Docker Container.

Please take a look at the next article: Self-Hosting.

How do I generate ClientId|Username and ClientSecret|Password?

@beingmudit,
You can obtain Client Id and Client Secret like this:

• Once Logged In, go to Applications View.
  • Create a new application and make sure you specify default storage for it (if you have no storage, first create one).
  • After creating, your new app will have an auto-generated set of keys called Client Id and Client Secret.
  • Edit the Application to see them, you may need to click on the Lock icon to unhide your Client Secret.

Finally, you are ready to call Aspose REST APIs.

Documents: Aspose.Slides Cloud
API Reference: Aspose.Slides Cloud API Reference

Hey @Andrey_Potapov! Is the process the same for both cloud version and docker version? I am using docker on-prem. And as long as storage is concerned, I do not want any storage engine as I am using an on-prem version. Please guide.

I see choosing storage is a mandatory field when creating an application from the dashboard. I am assuming with docker, there is no storage required as no file will be sent to your servers.
What to do?

@beingmudit,
I’m sorry for my mistake. In your case, you should use a Cloud Metered License key. Please post your request to Aspose.Purchase forum in detail.
Additional information: Metered Licensing FAQ

The docker version uses only local storage. If you do not connect docker volume for storage, files will be saved directly inside the docker container. This is not very good, it is better to connect docker volume, i.e. map the storage folder to the host folder, and then all files will be saved to the local folder on the machine where docker is running.