Generate and Process PDF Documents in Java using Aspose.PDF REST API is down

Cloud service down

When trying to convert PDFs using Cloud API java / json error messages are showing up.

System.JSONException: no content to map to Object due to end of input: (System Code) Class.AsposeService.folderExists: line 209, column 1 Class.AsposeService.registerDocument: line 12, column 1 AnonymousBlock: line 3, column 1 AnonymousBlock: line 3, column 1

To debug, logged into cloud service. After logging in, these error messages show up when trying to edit, delete, create, rename, open the folders.

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The exception message is: AmazonS3 exception: The specified key does not exist

There was a AmazonWebExc while rendering Storage's Index action.

Stack trace:

at SaaSpose.API.Data.FileDataProvider.AmazonS3Provider.FileList(String bucket, String path) at SaaSpose.API.Business.FileStorage.AmazonS3FileManager.FileList(String path) at SaaSpose.API.Web.Controllers.StorageController.Index(Int32 storageID, String path, Boolean isAjax, Dialogs dialog, IEnumerable`1 checkedfiles) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

Hi Priya,

We have implemented auto-scaling architecture which automatically starts new servers in case there is any issue with an existing server or workload is too much for existing servers to handle.

Our cloud service was migrated to this new architecture on this weekend. There are chances some of your input files are not migrated. Can you please re-upload your files and try again? After uploading your files again, you will experience a better service.

Best Regards,

Mohammed

The issue is we cannot access our files / folders in our cloud storage area. When trying to open a folder, we get the error message I posted. If I try to delete the folder, nothing happens. If I try to create a new folder, it will let me create a folder but then I cannot enter or edit it.

How can I re-upload if I cannot get to the areas?

Thanks
Priya

Hi Priya,

Yes, you are right, there is some issue with the UI. We are fixing this issue. Is not it possible for you to use API to work with files and folders as you can see at Working with Files and Storage using Aspose.PDF Cloud|Documentation?

Best Regards,

The issue is we are using the API and it is giving us the error messages I showed you. So we then tried to log in to see if we could figure out the issue.

So right now we are completely stuck. This is impacting our customers - do you have an ETA of how long this will take to resolve?

Today log-on is not even possible.

url:

https://cloud.aspose.com/StorageManagement/UpdateSaasposeStorage?storageID=3723

msg:

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The exception message is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

There was a NullReferenceException while rendering StorageManagement’s UpdateSaasposeStorage action.

Stack trace:

at SaaSpose.API.Web.Controllers.StorageManagementController.UpdateSaasposeStorage(Int32 storageID) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)

Hi Priya,

I can now log in and open any folder. Can you please try again at your end?

Best Regards,

The Null pointer exception is still happening and as you can see from the forums - the service is still down.

It is more than issues with the UI - the cloud service is down. We cannot generate any PDFs.

Hi Priya,

The issue was not with the service. There is some issue with the Sign method when signing HTTPS requests. You can follow the instructions sent to you by Billy.

We are checking the storage issue you shared and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

@pxp

As an update, please note the latest version of Aspose.PDF Cloud API introduced its own API methods for storage operations. Now, you do not need to use Aspose.Storage Cloud API for the purpose. Please check following documentation link for more details.

Working with Files and Storage using Aspose.PDF Cloud