Error: Aborted Happening Very Often, 50% Failure over Past Several Days

We are having issues when converting pptx to png. This has been pretty stable for us over the past year but now is causing problems more than 50% of the time. It still appears to work sometimes, but we do not have any information about what we can do to solve this.

This appears to be a problem only in our production application, our development app does not appear to fail. So perhaps only some of your servers are having issues. Do they need to be restarted? There are other comments on here that imply your servers need to be restarted regularly in order to resolve problems.

Looking at our logs, it appears that there is a pattern where the problem starts around 5am pacific and resolves itself around 5pm pacific time. I’m not sure what your company time zone is, but perhaps you’re having some process crash and you need to manually restart? Is there something your operations team can monitor and fix?

It looks like it has been working 100% since about 1pm pacific time. It does seem like the service is going through waves of mostly working and mostly failing. Is this a problem you have noticed on your end?

image.jpg (64.1 KB)

Here is an image from our log service showing the blue (success) and red (error) over the past few days.

@beautifulai,
Thank you for contacting support.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESCLOUD-1687

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Update: the API started working Feb 2nd at about 1pm pacific, and had no problems until Feb 3rd at about 3:30am pacific. It mostly failed from then onward and is still failing as of 11am pacific. We need to have better uptime in order to continue using this product. This is the 5th major outage in 5 days. Please provide updates on what I can expect from an operational standpoint.

@beautifulai,
We don’t have direct evidence yet, but the time when the problem appeared is close to the 23.1 release deployment. So, we have rolled it back to 22.12. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We are continuing to work on the issue. Please let us know if the problem persists.

@Andrey_Potapov we are continuing to see errors every day including today.

image.png (13.4 KB)

In case it helps, the last 4 days of logs showing when we see errors and successes

@beautifulai,
Thank you for the additional information. I’ve forwarded it to our developers.

@beautifulai,
Our developers were unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing. We need some more details on the issue, perhaps a code snippet that causes the error.They tried converting PPTX to PNG, it can take a considerable time for big files, but it passes.

const slidesApi = new asposeslidescloud.SlidesApi(appId, appSecret);

const { body: responseData } = await slidesApi.convert(fs.createReadStream(localPptFilePath), "Png", null, storageName, null, null, {
    CommentsPosition: "None",
    NotesPosition: "None",
    Width: PPT_SLIDE_PREVIEW_IMAGE_SIZE.width,
    Height: PPT_SLIDE_PREVIEW_IMAGE_SIZE.height
});

This results in Error: aborted most of the time. We are going to catch this error and retry. I suspect the problem may be that we are doing several of these in parallel (converting each slide of a pptx file in separate parallel calls), and your system does not like that.

@beautifulai,
Could you please share the presentation file you used and describe how you are doing the conversion in parallel with a code example if possible?

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

@klubar,
Yes, we are just trying to collect all the necessary data and information to understand the case and help you in the best way. Any additional information would be helpful to us.

@klubar I assume this question was to me and not Andrey :slight_smile:

I did not get resolution. I’m still having a large number of requests failing with Error: aborted. Have you seen this error as well?

@beautifulai,
I forwarded your information and question to our developers.

Hi - any response from development team? Here is a file from a customer that seems to fail 100% of the time:

JustChartOnlyPresent_03-2023.pptx.zip (138.4 KB)

@beautifulai,
Unfortunately, I don’t have any new information yet. I’ve forwarded the sample presentation to our development team.