Embed/Insert DOC to WordPress with Aspose DOC Importer issue

I use this plugin Aspose Doc Importer Version 2.3.1 with WordPress version 5.8.1.
I have uploaded docx.
The problem: Cannot insert Doc to WordPress editor.

@jamesusu007

I have tested the Aspose Doc Importer version 2.31 with WordPress version 5.8.1 and was unable to replicate the issue. Please enable debugging of your site and share the error details.

I will shared debugging more.

But first can you check attachment. It is be like this in attachment while I click insert DOC. It’s still loading but not finish. import Doc.PNG (206.3 KB)

@jamesusu007

It is quite strange, the plugin is working fine at my end. Please share the debug log and also confirm your PHP version. We will investigate the issue and will share our findings with you.

I have just found an issue. I use PHP version 8.0 then it get error. I have change PHP version to 7.4 then it works fine.

Can you develop for working with PHP version 8 up?

@jamesusu007

Thanks for your feedback. We will test the plugin with PHP version 8 and investigate the issue.

@jamesusu007

I am sorry to inform you that we are not maintaining Aspose DOC Importer Plugin anymore. As we have recently released the following Plugin to export WordPress Pages/Posts to DOCX/DOC and import DOCX/DOC to WordPress. Currently, the Plugin is only compatible with PHP 7.2/7.3/7.4 as our most users are using these versions. There are some breaking changes in PHP 8.0 those break backward compatibility.

So If you are a PHP developer, we can guide you on how to make the Plugin compatible with PHP 8 for your use. All you need is to update composer.json and re-run composer install to update dependencies.