Docx file opening in compatibility mode

I used the ASPOSE cloud api to convert an html file to docx and when I open the docx file in word 2016, it opens in compatibility mode. I’d like the file to open without compatibility mode. Please let me know what I should do.

How can I ensure the converted docx file does not open with compatibility mode? Please let me know if I’m missing anything.

@mosesm

Please note in HTML to DOCX conversion default compliance value is Ecma376_2006 and you need to use Iso29500_2008_Transitional. You can use SaveAs API method with OoxmlSaveOptions for your requirement. Please check following sample request body parameter for reference.

PUT ​/words​/{name}​/saveAs Converts document to destination format with detailed settings and saves result to storage.

{
  "SaveFormat": "docx",
  "FileName": "text.docx",
  "Compliance": "Iso29500_2008_Transitional",
}
1 Like

@tilal.ahmad

Thanks very much for your assistance. I will check it.

1 Like

Hi @tilal.ahmad, I tried thiis, but the file is still opening in compatibility mode. Am I missing anything. I’ve attached the source code.aspose-test.zip (886 Bytes)

@mosesm

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We have logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-1235 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as the issue is resolved.

1 Like

hi @tilal.ahmad

Thanks for the response. Please can I know the probable release date for WORDSCLOUD-1235

Best Regards

@mosesm

We have completed the issue analysis and now will work on its resolution. We will share the ETA with you as soon as we finalize its fix plan.

1 Like

@mosesm

In reference to WORDSCLOUD-1235 ETA, hopefully, if everything works as per plan, then the issue will be resolved in Aspose.Words Cloud 20.8 release.

1 Like