Disappearance of list's settings in docx file when convert docx to html and convert html to docx

Hello,

I have a question. When I convert my docx file to html file and next I convert the same html file to output docx file I’m losting of bulleted/numbering properties in output docx file, that I saw in input docx file. I use aspose cloud with version 20.3

BR,
Anatoliy

Hello,

I have a question about so problem. If I convert my docx file to html file and next I convert the html file to conver docx file I’m disapering bulleted/numbering properties in output docx file. I use asposewordscloud v. 20.3.0

BR,
Anatoliy

@Anatoliy

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid I tried the scenario using GetDocumentWithFormat API method and unable to notice any issue ListTest.zip (19.9 KB). I will appreciate it if you please share your sample documents along with the details and expected output here. It will help us to address your issue exactly.

Thank you for your answer. I’m adding my tests with my problem.Test.zip (29.8 KB)

BR,
Anatoliy

@Anatoliy

Thanks for your feedback. We have tested the scenario with your shared document and noticed the reported issue. We have logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-1114 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification.

Thank you so much. Could you please write me when this issue will be fix?

@Anatoliy

I’m afraid we cannot share any timeline at the moment. As we have recently noticed the issue and we will be in a good position to share any ETA after completion of the analysis phase.

Yes, of course. This functionality is very important for me. Let me know please when you will get any results.

@Anatoliy

Sure, we will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

Hello,

I saw that you changed status this task to postponed, it’s very important functionality for me and I have a question. If I will use JAVA library or .Net library (if don’t use cloud api) then Can I get this functionality without this bug?

BR,
Anatoliy

@Anatoliy

Thanks for your inquiry. We are checking the issue with on premise .NET/JAVA API and will update you shortly.

@Anatoliy

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated your reported issue and found it is expected behavior of Aspose.Words APIs(Cloud/On-premise). When we convert a Word document paragraph with the numbering style “Heading 2” to HTML it is converted to normal HTML text. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you convert your document to HTML using MS Word, you will get the same output. So we are closing this issue as “Not a Bug”.

By your last message we get that api have not backward compatible. We upload docx document with list, after that convert it to html and finaly convert to docx from this html and we lose list. And do you say that is not a bug?

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it is not a bug. Actually, It is not Aspose.Word Cloud/On the premise API issue, but expected behavior of Microsoft Word that we follow in Aspose.Words API. The list is lost in the first step of your workflow, when you convert your shared Word document to HTML. That you noticed in the last step, HTML to DOCX conversion.