Convert Microsoft Word Document to TIFF with TIFF Compression in Java with Aspose.Words REST API

Hello,

I am evaluating the ASPOSE cloud API and I have a question regarding converting a DOC file to TIFF file.

I am using REST from Java with URI : http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/words/convert?format=tiff

I supply local DOC contents using output stream (not saved on cloud file store) and receive TIFF file as input stream after executing PUT.

I am receiving the TIFF OK but I want to know how to specify the format of the TIFF (e.g. compress type ccittfax3) and other parameters that control the conversion.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please refer to the following page:

Save Word document to TIFF

Currently, possible values for “TiffCompression” option/query string are None, Rle, Lzw, Ccitt3 and Ccitt4.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hello,

Thanks for your reply regarding FAX conversion.

Yes I knew you could save a stored document as a FAX TIFF, I wanted to be able to stream a document (without storing) and have the document converted to a FAX TIFF (it seems this is not possible with the current API).

As I will be converting client documents using Aspose that I want to keep secure what are the mechanisms that allow the document to be encrypted when I am storing it in Aspose and also retrieving it?

I have also looked at the SaveAs/tiff REST method and although I was able to convert a doc file to TIFF I was not able to set some of the conversion values that I need for G3 TIFF transfer, these include XResolution = 204, YResolution = 98, 196 and ImageWidth = 1728. Any ideas how I can end up with a TIFF file with these properties?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that with Aspose.Words for Cloud you can also convert documents to other formats without even uploading to any storage. Aspose.Words for Cloud support processing local files. For example, please visit the following article:

Convert Word to other File Formats without using the Cloud Storage

You can also either upload documents to Aspose cloud storage (default option) or to any third party storage service of your choice. In case you opt for uploading files to Aspose’s cloud storage, the files will remain be there as long as you want. After performing document processing tasks on files stored on cloud storage, if required, you can always delete a particular document from Aspose Cloud storage or from third party storage. Hope, this helps.

David:

I was not able to set some of the conversion values that I need for G3 TIFF transfer, these include XResolution = 204, YResolution = 98, 196 and ImageWidth = 1728. Any ideas how I can end up with a TIFF file with these properties?

We are in coordination with product team to get answer pertaining to above query. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Best regards,