Convert Microsoft Word document to PDF with non-standard fonts using Aspose.Words REST API

Hi, I am evaluating Aspose.Words for Cloud, specifically for Word (.docx) to PDF file conversion feature.

It worked, but I need to convert Word documents that have specific fonts (Swis721), and the resulting PDF document is not rendered using Swis721, but using Times New Roman.

There is any way to use that fonts in conversion operation?

Note: if I save the Word document with font embedding option, the conversion is right, but it would be having an important file size increment (for example 2.5 MB instead of 450 KB).

Thank you

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will add an ability in Aspose Cloud APIs to be able to specify a custom location for TrueType fonts which will be used during rendering to PDF. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue (SAASWEBCORE-239) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Has this been fixed? Where can I put the font to have this work?

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for your inquiry. No, this issue is not resolved yet, We will add an ability in Aspose.Words for Cloud API to be able to specify a custom location for TrueType fonts which will be used during rendering to PDF. Your request has been linked to a new issue (SAASWORDS-168) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

@Emmanuel239

We can use custom fonts for conversion by uploading fonts to storage folder and passing font folder path as query parameter. Please check following documentation link for more details.

Working with fonts - Aspose.Words Cloud