Convert Excel to PDF with Aspose.Cells Cloud lost fonts

Hi all,

I have converted an Excel file to PDF by using Cloud. And the result pdf have lost all my custom fonts.
I think the Aspose.Cells Cloud only support standard fonts of Microsoft Windows when converting from Excel to PDF. Is it right ?

I have 2 questions about this :
+ When I’m using a normal Excel file (without setting any fonts) :
=> What font is the result PDF using ? ( is it Calibri ) ?

+ Which fonts that support in result PDF ? Is it inside this list :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_fonts

Thanks,
Chien

Hi Chien,

Thanks for your template files.

I observed the behavior for certain fonts as per your output PDF file as I tested with your template file. I am afraid, rendering custom fonts feature is not supported in Aspose Cloud APIs. We will add the feature in Aspose Cloud APIs to be able to specify a custom location for TrueType fonts which will be used during rendering to PDF. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue (SAASWEBCORE-2275) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your response. Please give me more information with my above questions if you know :

+ When I’m using a normal Excel file (without setting any fonts) :
=> What font is the result PDF using ? ( is it Calibri ) ?

+ Which fonts that support in result PDF ? Is it inside this list :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_fonts

I have tested some cases about this issue and I can find embedded fonts in PDF
(using Adobe Reader : File >> Properties >> Tab Fonts in Document Properties). But I don’t know list all of support embedded fonts when converting from Excel to PDF.

Best Regards,
Chien

Hi Chien,

Our Cloud servers use Windows Server 2012 as OS and fonts available with this OS are installed. Some most common fonts are also installed. Aspose.Cells API replaces the missing fonts with the suitable fonts from installed fonts.

We cannot install all fonts as every document uses different fonts and installing too many fonts will create performance issues. Also, there are license restrictions with many fonts.

We are working on a mechanism to allow users to upload their required fonts and then use those fonts during conversion. We will let you know as soon as it is supported.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you very much. Would you please list out the current fonts which already supported for converting from Excel to PDF ? Our customers want to know it. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Chien

Hi Chien,

A request has been forwarded to our platform team to share a list of installed fonts. We will let you know as soon as the request is processed.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad - Do you have any update on this ?

Hi Chien,

This is in progress and we will share the list with you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Chien,

Please find attached the list of fonts supported by Aspose for Cloud.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks a lot. It will be helpful for us and our customers.
It seems we have the list of font file names. Can you tell me how to get the list of Font Family Names (same as list showing fonts when you choose in Microsoft Excel).

Best Regards,
Chien

Hi Chien,

Sure, your request have been forwarded to respective team. It can take some time and we will share the list with you as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards,

Hi Chien,

Please find attached the list in XLSX and TXT formats.

Best Regards,

@tdchien

Please note now Aspose.Cells Cloud supports to use custom fonts. If you want to use some custom font with Aspose Cloud APIs, you need to create a font folder in storage and upload the fonts there. And later you can refer the font folder as a fontFolder parameter in the API Call. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task. Please feel free to contact us in case of any issue or concern.