Conversion to PDF is timing out

All our calls to GET /v3.0/pdf/create/html have been failing since 1PM EDT today. Is anybody aware of this outage? There is nothing posted on the status page.

@shatteredarm1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating the issue and will update you shortly.

@shatteredarm1

Thanks for your patience. Please check, the issue is resolved. There was some issue in load balancer of the server that caused the problem. We have fine tuned the server to avoid this problem in future.

@tilal.ahmad Hi, it seems to be succeeding on most requests now, but I’m still seeing a few sporadic timeouts this morning (3 timeouts in ~360 requests). So it doesn’t seem the issue is completely resolved.

Thanks.

@shatteredarm1

Thanks for your feedback. It seems these timeout errors are source documents related. Can you please share the source document of these three timeout requests? So, we will try to replicate the issue and investigate it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “source document related”. These failures were all with different documents and different users, and seemed to be temporally clustered (5 timeouts within a 15 minute window, but none the rest of the day).

@shatteredarm1

I meant other API requests were completed without any error, so the document used in the failed requests will be helpful in the investigation. Anyhow, we will are checking our server logs to find the root cause of the problem.

Thanks. It looks like we’ve had around 18 calls fail with timeouts today, plus another two that failed with a 502 “bad gateway” response. Most of these were between 11:30am and 12 noon EDT. In one case I looked into, the user retried the same action and it succeeded.

@shatteredarm1

Thanks for the additional information. We will investigate the issue and will share our findings with you as soon as possible.