Bibliography field update issue in MS Word document

Actually, this code worked fine to update the TOC field, but it doesn’t seem to update the BIBLIOGRAPHY field which exists in my DOCX document.xml file as:

<w:p>
  <w:r>
    <w:fldChar w:fldCharType="begin" w:dirty="true"/>
   </w:r>
    <w:instrText xml:space="preserve">BIBLIOGRAPHY</w:instrText>
    <w:fldChar w:fldCharType="end" w:dirty="true"/>
</w:p>

How can I fix this?

Many thanks
Philip

@philipru

Please share your input document and expected document with us. You can create an expected document using MS Word. It will help us address your requirements exactly.

Here’s my input and expected documents.

Thanks for looking in to this.
Philip

system_report_expected.docx (57.5 KB)

system_report_input.docx (35.0 KB)

@philipru
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSCLOUD-2510

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@philipru

We have investigated the issue and found that your file contains a reference to an external source. Our API can’t open external links; therefore, it can’t complete field updating.

Thanks for looking into this, however if you mean the URL in the Website source is an external reference then this is normal and it doesn’t need to be opened but just displayed in the bibliography. In any case I have removed it in the attached system_report_input2.docx and Aspose still doesn’t update the bibliography to produce the attached system_report_expected2.docx.

Any help you can provide to get this working would be great.

Philip

system_report_expected2.docx (96.0 KB)

system_report_input2.docx (52.0 KB)

@philipru

Thanks for your feedback. We have shared the details with our product team for further investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.