Aspose.OCR Cloud REST API for optical character recognition and documents scanning evaluation

My company is evaluating the Aspose OCR for Cloud solution.

I’m looking for a complete snippet of Java code that will allow me to access your RESTful services, for OCR Cloud.

The samples I have seen are not complete. They lack the security piece and there are some methods referenced that are not present.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for considering Aspose products.

The samples provided in the online documentation are complete by all means. Let me guide you through the process of evaluating Aspose.OCR for Cloud API.

• First of all, please sign-up at Aspose for Cloud.
  • Get the App SID & App Key by navigating to the My Apps tab. Please check the attached screens shot for better elaboration.
  • Please choose between the two available options to perform OCR operation. You can either upload the image on cloud storage first and then perform the OCR operation or you can send the image in the request body to receive the OCR results. If you choose the first option, you can either manually upload the file to storage using the My Files tab on the Aspose for Cloud Dashboard or you can dynamically upload it using the UploadFileBinary method available in the REST API Methods.
  • All the missing methods to sign & process the request are also listed in REST API Methods page (link shared above).
  • You can also get the SDK of your choice for evaluation purposes.

Please feel free to write back in case you face any difficulty.

Hi Timothy.

The result isn’t expected, please accept our apologies for that. We really wish to review the document in question to find out the problem cause. Please share the sample image for thorough investigation. If you have any privacy concerns please remove the sensitive information or provide a portion of the sample image in 300dpi. Thanks

Sure thing, image attached. Thanks again.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for providing the sample image. We are able to reproduce the incorrect results with the Aspose.OCR for Cloud, and the base code. The problem has been logged in our bug tracking system for thorough investigation & correction purposes under the ticket SAASOCR-31. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest possible. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hey Babar,

Very good and thanks again for the help. I also uploaded another image to my default cloud storage and tried it. Same problem.

At this point, I have a few more days to evaluate OCR solutions before my team has to present our findings. That said, how long do you think it will take to investigate this?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing back.

Unfortunately, the ticket attached to this thread is currently pending for analysis and in the queue with other priority tasks. However, we have recorded a note for the concerned development team member to share the analysis report at earliest possible. We will notify you here as soon as we receive more updates in this regard.