Aspose Cloud Storage is secure as compared to Third Party Storage?

I don’t understand why I can use third party storage but not my own storage.

Submitted from: http://saaspose.com/

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for your interest in Saaspose API.

I would like to share that all of your files are stored in your own storage at Saaspose. We do not look into your files. However, some times, if there is some issue with your particular document, we'll have to have a look into that particular document only for investigation purposes, and that will be only if you share the file and allow us to have a look into that. That is used by our support/development team for testing and we do not share such files with anyone and we do not use these files for any purpose other than testing. And this is only in case we need to test some particular issue. Otherwise, your files remain secure in your own space and no one accesses those files.

You can also post your files to Saaspose storage using HTTPS, so that they're transferred to us securely. In addition to that, you can also keep your files on external storage like Google Drive, DropBox, Amazon S3 etc. and Saaspose API will process the files from there. Moreover, even if you upload the files to Saaspose storage, you can delete them using either by API call or by Web UI after they're processed. Also, some of the API resources even allow you to submit your files and process them with Saaspose API without saving them on the server.

So, I can assure you that your files will be safe with us and no one will have a look into those files. I hope this satisfies your concerns. If you still have any question or concern, please do let us know. Also, if you have any technical queries or need more information about your requirements, please do let us know.

Regards,
Imran Rafique

Support Developer, Saaspose
Support Team
http://www.saaspose.com

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your help.

I have another related question. We currently have the startup basic package and the file size limit is 2mb and for the vast majority of what we want to convert this is fine. Occasionally we have a few very large files (>50mb) that we need to process. We're happy to chop these files down so they are all ~2mb in size and wanted to use the Sasspose sdk to do this.

My questions are
1) Does the 2mb file size limit apply to the chopping up of documents as well as just the conversion? Are we ok to chop up a 50meg file using saaspose and then convert 2meg files?
2) How much leeway is there on the 2mb limit - ie if we go over slightly are we going to get an error?
3) Do you have a pricing place that doesn't impose limits but is more along the lines of 'pay for what you use'?
4) Is there a way of chopping and processing the documents in a call that doesn't involve storing the document on an external storage system?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your details. I would like to update you that with the startup basic package, you can extend max file size limit up to 10 MB or 20 MB. It will charge you an extra $10 dollars or $20 dollars respectively.

1) You can chop the documents but it is not specific to the file size. It’s all depend upon the file format and supported features. E.g. a PDF document, we can split specific pages to new PDFs or any supported format. Please see the documentation link here: https://docs.aspose.cloud/pdf/split-pdf-files/
2) Yes, you will get a bad request error.
3) I have asked the concern department to respond.
4) I’m afraid. You can chop and process the documents in a single call but it will involve storing the documents. As a workaround, you can delete them using another API call.

Regards,
Imran Rafique

Support Developer, Saaspose
Support Team
http://www.saaspose.com

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for delay in replying!

3) Do you have a pricing place that doesn't impose limits but is more along the lines of 'pay for what you use'?

Unfortunately not, mainly it's so we ensure we have predictability in volumes at our side - but if you can share more about your volumes and why you feel that would help I can see if there is a Plan we can come up with which addresses you concerns.

@mcorbishleyhotmail

Please check the updated pricing plans. Following are the key points of new pricing plans.

• We charge you on your usage base
  • Each API call is charged as a credit
  • Can process a file size up to 100MB