Aspose Cloud Exceptions (504/502)

Today the service reliability and performance of Apose Words Cloud API has been major issue.

Intermitternt errors has plauged our experience of your service and we are close to changing provider and approach.

Please resolve the issues immediately.

504 Gateway Time-out = 25

502 Bad Gateway = 33

1 Like

@digeratisolutions

We apologize for the issue caused. We are looking into the issue with high priority and will fix it soon.

still… Production is relied on this, it causeing damages

any news on the subject ?

1 Like

its taking waaaaaaaaaaaay tooo long!

There are still issues although Status is green!

1 Like

I am still unable to convert DOCX to PDF. Is there any news or expected solution?

Also reliant on this in our production environment. We require a fix ASAP

@digeratisolutions , @redoxapp, @ZAPGROUPASPOSE, @workflowmax2

Please try now; the service is working fine as expected. Additionally, we are reviewing the server logs to determine the root cause of the issue and prevent it from occurring again.

Still getting intermittant 504 errors but on the whole we are getting requests back now.

1 Like

Likewise @digeratisolutions we are still seeing 504s intermittently so it appears that this isn’t fully resolved @tilal.ahmad

1 Like

@digeratisolutions

It seems the Aspose.Words Cloud service is now running smoothly. However, if you continue to experience any issues, please provide us with your sample code for further investigation.

A few hours ago we were still getting 50x errors doing a Word mail merge and converting result to PDF. The extended downtime on a production service is totally unacceptable. We have setup a self hosted Aspose API service and this has been running without any 50x errors. If others are still having this problem I suggest looking at using the self hosted Aspose API instead of using Aspose’s hosted service. Unfortunately Aspose don’t discount the service when you host it - you still pay the same price per API call.

@digiwise can you point me to docos for the self hosted approach you used? Can you still access their storage services/s3?

@digeratisolutions I purchased from here: Self hosting - Purchase - aspose.com
I can’t find the doc I used for installation, but it was quite simple if you have basic docker knowledge.
I don’t use the API’s storage capabilities, but I know that you mount a local directory in the docker container for storage. Hope this helps.

@digeratisolutions I found docs for S3 support here: How to deploy Aspose.Words Cloud container with Amazon S3|Aspose Words Cloud Docs

1 Like

We are encountering an increase in 502/504 errors again when trying to call Aspose Cloud Words/PDF - it seems this fix has regressed. This is unacceptable for a production environment and needs to be rectified ASAP.

We apologize for the issue caused.
It seems the Aspose.Words Cloud service is now running smoothly. However, if you continue to experience any issues, please let us know.