API time out after 60's despite being configured to 120's

We are trying to process a heavy mail merge with images and we have configured the service timeout to be 120’s with the variable “timeout” in the config file.

However the service times out after 60’s with no obvious reason. Has anyone encountered such an issue? is there another method to configure this variable?

@bedarley111111

You can use Configure class to set the request timeout. Hopefully, it will help you to accomplish the task. Otherwise, please share your sample code along with the input files/data for further investigation.

def initialize
    AsposeWordsCloud.configure do |config|
      config.client_data['ClientId'] = APP_SID
      config.client_data['ClientSecret'] = APP_KEY
	  config.timeout='120'
	  end
    @words_api = WordsApi.new
  end

@tilal.ahmad The current timeout code doesn’t work. The same issue has been flagged by another user in your GitHub repository (Timeout configuration doesn't change Faraday's timeout · Issue #10 · aspose-words-cloud/aspose-words-cloud-ruby · GitHub) and I have tested it myself as well.

Please look into it and fix this.

@nikhilgoyal2205

Thanks for your inquiry. We are investigating the GitHub reported issue and will fix it soon accordingly.

@tilal.ahmad Is there any ETA for the fix? Can you give me some idea regarding this?

@nikhilgoyal2205

I have requested our product team for an ETA. I will notify you as soon as I get an update. Thanks for your patience.

@nikhilgoyal2205

We have fixed the above timeout error issue(WORDSCLOUD-2057). The fix will be available in the upcoming release of Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for Ruby; 22.7. We will notify you as soon as we publish the new version.