API Exception in self-hosted version

I’m using Aspose Words Cloud, but the authentication issues are probably not specific to the Words product.

When using the Aspose Words Cloud “cloud version”, I authenticate my requests only with the ClientId and ClientSecret obtained from the app dashboard. This works fine.

In order to use the Aspose Words Cloud “self-hosted docker version”, I simply tried adding the ApiBaseUrl in the form of “http://IP:PORT” to the Configuration. I kept ClientId and ClientSecret the same as with the “cloud version”.

Then I receive an ApiException with the following message: “Unable to resolve service for type ‘Aspose.Words.Cloud.WebApp.Auth.IUserAuthenticationService’ while attempting to activate ‘Aspose.Words.Cloud.WebApp.Auth.AuthController’.”

What am I missing in order to make the docker version work?

Edit: I’m running words-cloud v 23.4.0 like this:
docker run -p 8082:80 -e "LicensePublicKey=XXX" -e "LicensePrivateKey=XXX" --name aspose aspose/words-cloud

@wowis

Please note that self hosted Docker container does not use ClientId and Secret from the aspose.cloud dashboard app. After evaluation, you can contact our sales team for the purchase of a license and run a container in licensed mode. However, when you omit license parameter values, it runs in evaluation mode.

To enable JWT authentication, you need to set the User and Password parameters. Please check the following documentation for details.

Thank you for your help.

I have already been running the container in licensed mode.

What made it finally work was to fill the User and Password details into the ClientId and ClientSecret fields of the Configuration class, respectively. I think this is really unexpected and should at least be mentioned in the documentation.

@wowis

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to resolve the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. It is mentioned on the self-hosting page, but we will add the information to the documentation as well.

The keys required to use the self hosted version of Aspose Cloud differs to the keys provided with the online SaaS version. To receive your license keys please contact the Aspose Cloud sales team.